View Single Post
Old 05-16-2001, 10:38 AM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

Re: OK, let me get a few things straight....

Your comments and suggestions are welcome here.

I know it's very diffucult for new members to search EZBoard for previous topics so I just want to re-state a few points.

First, I am not a programmer. I am an artist who happens to have picked up a little programming ability. I'm sure that each video card out there has different features, but I could never learn them all. To use them requires DX8, and I have not had the best of luck with the DX8 version on Win9x yet.

The program must fit on a floppy. Each time I make a programming change (between 20 and 50 times a day), I have to put the program on a floppy to test it on all my different machines. Most of my sales are to foreign countries, and the vast majority of those machines only have floppy drives. As always, users are allowed to copy the Aquarium to all of their computers, not just ones with Internet connections. In fact, I insist that they try it on the target computers to make sure it works before purchasing a Key Code.

One of the major reasons for the 7-fish limit is the fact that the fish get in each other's way. Even 7 is pushing it, and there are already situations where the objects pass through each other. There will be at least 3 invertebrates in addition to the 7-fish limit, and the schooling fish will probably count as 1.

The list of requested features is extremely long, and right now I'm just concentrating on one item at a time.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is online now   Reply With Quote