View Single Post
Old 05-16-2001, 06:57 PM   #18
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Re: OK, let me get a few things straight....

As you can see Coelacanth, we all understood you just fine. We always encourage suggestions and hold nothing against anyone for expressing interest in new ideas. You never know, Jim might just find one that he really likes and toss it in if he has the time.

However, we do get some cases where certain users feel very strongly about their ideas (like yourself) and REALLY want to see them included in the screensaver just because it makes so much sense to them.

The thing is, no matter how much someone wants to see their idea(s) brought to life for whatever the reason, Jim still has the final say and he already has a lot of other factors involved that he must take into consideration first. So the best thing to do is to offer up your suggestions and ideas as usual because we all want to know what they are and be able to discuss them, just don't have high expectations.

"But if by saying that "the best thing for us to do at this point is to sit back and enjoy the ride," you mean that we all should stifle our suggestions for improvement, or our constructive criticisms of certain features, or quit voicing our wishes (however feasible or unfeasible they might turn out to be), and instead just shut up, sit back, and wait, then there is really not much need for this forum at all, or the wishlist, is there?"

Trust me on this one Coelacanth, if that were the case (which it's not), then those are the exact words I would use. Anyone that knows me knows that I say exactly what I mean and nothing inbetween, otherwise I would be wasting people's time. So no need for you to misread my posted comments.

"Ever played any 3D games?"

I've been working in the game industry for over 10 years now, so I guess that means I've played or worked on a few here and there.

Anyway, keep posting the ideas, we'd love to hear them and dicuss them. If anything, it definately helps to pass the time away while we're waiting for Jim to post the next new version.

- DL

P.S.
Remember, we're all here for the same reason, so lets have fun while we're at it!
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote