View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 05:21 PM   #86
drfish
the Doc

Gah! What happened??? When I left work we were joking about Jim-inions!!! You guys are impossible, don't you know when to call it quits?

I don't even TRY to talk about anything political/religious/controversial anymore, I've given up (yes, and all that implies). I like an intelligent discussion as well as any of you but I'm sick of the same old rehashed arguments/propaganda/excuses/whatever and people who can't form their own opinion. Not that I don't believe that people shouldn't be allowed to say whatever they want, but there are too many different perspectives for them to EVER form one cohesive viewpoint, and people need to realize that...

This is getting too long, and it's already not what I want to say... There is WAY to much to talk about to even hope to come close to explaining it/ourselves fully... Anyone trying to summarize their position on a topic like this one will never be able to cover all their bases, especially not in a setting like this and especially when they're not fully informed, which, believe it or not, NONE of us are (FOX, ABC, NBC, BBC, etc don't count people).

I (as in me, myself and) don't think this is the place for this discussion. I feel like a *insert derogatory name of your choice here* for saying that, and I know I did a poor job of it at that, but I've never been good at writing things I really want to say, so I'll call it good enough and wait...

Edit: Morgan, should this been moved into some kind of "smokey back room" thread where stuff like this can be "freely" talked about? Also, just so everyone knows, Reichart posted while I was in mid-stealth-edit, at the point of his reply the only thing I had posted was the first line at the top of this post...
I don't watch commercials.

Last edited by drfish; 03-30-2004 at 05:54 PM.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote