View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 01:11 AM   #138
SteelJaw
Registered

Cool

Greetings all! Hope it's not too late to post here...

I downloaded the beta demo of the Terros of the Deep screensaver, and I like it a lot. I've been obsessed with sharks for /way/ to long, and I've been hunting for something just as this!

A couple things I'd love to see added, if possible:

Common Thresher Shark (Alopias vulpinus)
Sandtiger Shark (Carcharias taurus)
Sandbar Shark (Carcharhinus plumbeus)
Horn Shark (Heterodontus francisci)
Whitespotted Bamboo Shark (Chiloscyllium plagiosum)

[To be honest I was hoping the last two would be included in MA2 or an update for it, at some point. That's what actually lead me to finding TotD ;> ]

I'm also happy to help find or provide references if needed for shark species. I volunteer at an aquarium, and can get loads of pictures/video.

I really like the look of the program so far, and I'm seriously considering purchase after it leaves the beta stage and goes production. The only thing that really bothers me about what I see so far are some anatomical flaws in the shark models. (I'm happy to discuss this further, but I'm a bit nervous, as this is my first post and I don't want to rock the boat with unwanted criticism)

I'll be keeping a close eye on the developments of this project! It's really refreshing and encouraging to see the actual creators, developers and publishers of the software so active here.

Down and gone,
~SteelJaw

"[Las Vegas] is a city built on the broad shoulders of bad math." --Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller
SteelJaw is offline   Reply With Quote