View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 AM   #313
Electronic Punk
Twisted Animator

Originally posted by johnblommers:
A screen shot would go a long way towards crossing that void between theory and practice.

I want to believe, but you see how it is  
Ok in a sense you got me. SLI can only infact use one display, something I only discovered after getting it all setup, so I actually only ever used 1 card most of the time, now I have switched to using the primary output on both graphics cards, makes me feel I am wasting less money a little. There is a new change in the Rel80 drivers which allows SLI switching on and off without a reboot which is great.

The way I am currently running things is displays 1 and 2, and then display 3 is a clone of display 1, very effective:

Apologies for the graphic images ;D but I really need to redecorate and that would involve moving alot of gear out of that room, something I just don't have time for!

I can also have the plasma act as an additional display of course, all running at the non-native resoltion of 1280x1024, if I had a fourth or even room for a fourth I could add another display. So currently I have a desktop resolution of 3840x1280 I could if I got anotehr display ideally go for 5120x1024 (which would be nuts)

I really don't know what I would do without my second desktop, or the display of my desktop on the secondary monitor to be more exact.

I use Zoom Player from www.inmatrix.com and its quite interesting to be able to drag something from my desktop and throw it up on to my plasma, using the nvidia purevideo decoders, the visual quality is quite superb.

To move vaguly back on topic, I lost my licence to the Aquarium, changed my email, credit card and address, so will be buying a new copy tonight - just seems easier and will see how many displays I can get it up on

The widescreen version was merged with the standard eventually wasn't it? I don't think I have the standalone widescreen version anymore! Might even get the logo version so I can pimp OSNN a bit in there
Electronic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote