Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 11:23 AM   #373
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by jroseone:
Quick question, sorry if I missed this somewhere but, where do we download Beta 9 from, and can we just install new betas over eachother or should we be uninstalling previous versions before we test new ones?

Thanks!!!  
The Installer will change approximately once a month. These will be "milestone" releases.

However you can expect there to be interim updates from every few days to a week apart.

You are welcome to download these updates whenever you wish.

Keep in mind that the Marine Aquarium Installer isn't like most installers that make huge modifications to your computer, registry, program files, data folders, etc.

You can download MA3Beta.zip and extract it over top of your existing Aquarium and you're done. You don't need to uninstall, install, or do any further steps.

If there was a way I could do it without earning Jim's ire, I'd create a separate, automatic updater stub for the Aquarium. It would be labeled as clearly as possible that this is a separate application not endorsed by Jim. And it would download the Aquarium from the fan site rather than serenescreen.com, saving bandwidth.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote