View Single Post
Old 06-25-2001, 02:55 PM   #14
codgio
Registered

1 Highscore

Multiple Explorer Windows

Sorry if I annoy anyone by continuing with this line, but I missed most of the discussion since my last post because I forgot which topic I had posted on - the perils of posting off topic.

Feldon, I was a bit over zealous criticising you for working with multiple windows. I agree that multiple windows are neccessary but I start with explorer and open extra windows from there only when needed and usually open up the folder tree in each of those as well. I like to keep the number of open windows to a minimum abd find that the folder tree often prevents the need for a further window. I can't think of any reason for opening up standard My Computer windows when an explorer windows offers all the same benefits plus loads more.

<snip>...
Exploring through My Computer with the stupid "open each window within this window" setting turned off is what I consider type 2.
..</snip>

This stupid setting is the first thing I switch on whenever I use a new computer. I can't stand it when I open up 10 windows just to reach one file which is several levels down in the directory tree. If I need another window I can right-click and choose 'open in new window'

Just my 2 cents ( or rather 2 pence)

My first computer was an Acorn Archimedes running the RISC OS operating system. IMHO the User Interface on this was streaks ahead of anything on the Apple or PC at the time.
Remember what the doormouse said...
codgio is offline   Reply With Quote