View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 09:45 AM   #65
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: I can recall two distinct times when I was left out due to not being in the database….but what a drag to have the same issue pop up every time.

A: Yes, this is a shame. Luckily, very very few people have this problem. But given the shear number of customers, it is going to happen to a few. Numerically though, your chance of being forgotten is less than being struck by lightning (which is annoyingly common, like more than 1 in 100K flashes, given the usage of the phrase)

Based on what you wrote, here is what happened. You signed up back in Beta (before we took over, and built the database). So when you had the first problem, you were handled manually (and if I were you I would consider that an honour). Almost every person that says to us they are not in the database came from the old days. We got about 97% of everyone that was part of the Beta days for MA.

There was no database, so the way we got everyone into the Database was to write some pretty cool programs here to mine through every single email received or sent to Sachs, or the tech guys back then. 97% is pretty good. But if the email was more chit chat than Keycode, such as someone may have written “How do I run the beta” and did not use any of the keywords like “unlock, code, Keycode, serial, etc.” then we may have not gotten that person in.

As an example, I named the code, “Keycode” because I knew early on that we might get people who confused our product with one of those horrible versions, such as even the 2D stutter vision versions. And this paid off. We often get tech support emails from people for someone else’s product. This costs us time and money. But it is a quick fix when we see “Serial Code” or “Registration Code.”

Our tech support is running about 2 days late right now (meaning 4 days total), due to some of the new products we releases. People have some amazing questions. If you do not get your Keycode by tomorrow, please feel free to contact me directly through private message here.

2. Q: As said before, it's hard to love such a harsh mistress, especially when she never remembers your name.
A: I promise, I will remember your name…ur, what is your name?
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote