View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #62
drfish
the Doc

I read quite a bit of latin, and even translated the new testament from Aramaic.
Now who's floating his ego? Seriously though, I wish I could say the same, but I have no talent for anything to do with any language, latin was a fun class nonetheless (OST-MUS-TISNT! figure that one out guys). Actually, I added that last bit as an afterthought because I thought that might be what you were getting at... If a discussion was started about fishbase, I honestly didn't want it cluttering up this thread. Maybe I should have said, "We already have a thread about that site here.???

But anyway, you meant my sig image, well, here it goes:
I'm pretty into Folding@Home, it's a distributed computing effort like SETI@Home only much more worthwhile. When your computer[s] send in the results of crunching a work unit you get points for it and basic stat tracking is provided by Standford for your user name and any team you might be on. The site that clicking on my sig image takes you to is a 3rd party stat tracking service that takes the basic information from Stanford's website and extrapolates it into a much more detailed breakdown of how you and your team are doing compared to others, the image itself is also a 3rd party service that provides semi-realtime user stats specifically for use in online signatures in order to spur questions like that one you asked.

Edit: Oh, and I like totally agree with Marian about the Manta Ray, simply a must have...
*there, back on topic*
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote