View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 03:10 PM   #12
CephaloP
lurking in the shadows...

I can't believe how hard it is to find good aquarium pictures online. I was looking for something Amazon, with lots of driftwood and plants, and few rocks. I think this would make the best-looking freshwater tank. It would also balance out the "rocky" look of the saltwater one.

My mental picture of the "ideal" tank has a large twisty driftwood stump dominating the background of one end, rising up up past the line of visibility at the top of the tank, with root/branches extending toward the foreground creating caves and arches for the fish to swim under. The wood would also have some green moss growing on it to soften some of the harsh lines, and evens some grass or long stemmed plants growing out of little nooks. The other end of the tank would be heavily planted and shady, and the middle more open. The plants would not be restricted to types living on the Amazon, but could include japanese lilys and such. At least, this is what I would do, if I were a genious that could meld nature with art with software.

I'm curious, how did Jim design the saltwater tank? Did he have to work from pictures he took himself, of real tanks? Did he actually see a tank that looked just like the one we see in the screensaver? Or did he take various pictures of coral and rock and gather them together into the existing formation?

Is there anything we can do to help?
CephaloP is offline   Reply With Quote