View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 07:58 AM   #9
pac722
Registered

Greetings,

I believe I have found a workaround for this issue, try disabling the 'Exit on Mouse Move' option in 'Settings'. Due to the nature of this apparent bug, I have not been able to verify this as a definative workaround.

My rationale: With the 'Exit on Mouse Move' option in 'Settings' disabled, and the screensaver activated (not executed as an application), the screensaver will STILL exit on a MOUSE MOVE! My theory is the screensaver exits on a mouse move, but an additional mouse move event is randomly triggered as a result of the 'Exit on Mouse Move' option being enabled. This results in 2 close window requests - one closes the screensaver, the other closes the previously activated window (which regains the focus after the screensaver has been closed). The previously active window definately closes immediately after the screensaver closes, since the previously active window is visible briefly immediately after the screensaver closes before being closed itself.

I could be barking up the wrong tree, and who knows, this workaround may prove false despite appearing to eliminate the apparent bug at this time. I thought I would share my ideas in the hope it provides a solution for others confronted with this issue, provides an insight to the cause of this issue, or at least provides an understanding which could lead to a definative resolution for this issue.

Kinds regards,
^PaC_722^
pac722 is offline   Reply With Quote