View Single Post
Old 04-06-2001, 04:47 PM   #1
ajlaban
Registered

Preferred Complement of Fish in Tank

Hi Folks,

Here is an idea that can occupy us while Jim is away.

Whoever wants to join in can list the fish that he/she most likes to display in the aquarium. While this is, of course, a matter of taste ultimately, on the practical level it could give Jim some indirect help in his decision making, particularly if you care to give any reasons.

Well, looks like since it is my idea, I have to go first.

Fish 1 - Addis Butterfly
Fish 2 - Clown Trigger
Fish 3 - French Angel
Fish 4 - Picasso Trigger
Fish 5 - Powder Blue Tang
Fish 6 - Percula Clown
Fish 7 - Percula Clown

Reasons: I prefer brightly and sharply marked fish, it is the reason I switched, long ago from freshwater to saltwater tanks. Some of the available selections, i.e. the Whimplefish, the Flame Angel, the juvenile Queen Angel and the Royal Gramma too closely resemble some freshwater fish in shape, coloration (although brighter) or markings. As for the rest: Copperbanded Butterfly, Forceps Butterfly, Golden Butterfly, Purple Tang, and Yellow Tang -- well, there is just not enough room in the Aquarium!

I display 2 Percula Clowns (it was 3 before the Picasso Trigger) I would like to display 4 or more. Sometimes I set the Aquarium to 6 Percula Clowns and 1 Random. In the future, when and if Jim allows us to exclude certain fish from the random settings I will probably set 4 to random.
Passed away August 27, 2008.
ajlaban is offline   Reply With Quote