View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #1
cjmaddy
Registered

Wide Screen Mode problem?

Now that this is on public beta, is anyone else having problems with the wide screen mode - [Ctrl]+[W] ?

For those not familiar with this feature, - this is how it should work:-

In the SS 'Settings' choose a wide format resolution, (I use 1280x720) then click OK.
The view of the SS should now show a reduced amount of foreground, and a little less headroom, - but still occupy the whole of your monitor screen. - (It will be stretched!)
Now using your monitor's settings for vertical size, reduce the picture height to the correct proportion, (on my Sony there is a slider which has to be moved down to 0 [zero]). - All this must be done whilst the Sharks SS is on screen!
On pressing [Esc] to exit the SS, your monitor should have remembered your normal 'Default System Resolution'. - Everything should appear normal, with no distortions.
When the SS is re-started again, the wide screen proportions will have been remembered, and there will be black bars top and bottom. (All modern monitors I am told, will do this, - but don't blame me if yours doesn't ..... mine does!)

All the other wide versions work this way, (example, - SSA 1.1wide), - but I have not yet had complete success with the Sharks SS! ..... The following is what happens:-

Ctrl+W does not change the resolution when in full screen mode.
Everything works fine whilst in Windowed mode, - ie, - correct proportions with no distortions, in both wide and normal formats, at any window size!
But on returning to Full screen mode, one or other of wide or normal, is shown stretched or compressed to fill which ever format/resolution, was in use when returning from the Windowed mode.

If you have followed all that, - give yourself a pat on the back!

AMD K6-II 500MHz
Windows 2000 Pro
TMC AI5VG+ 100Mz (VIA MVP3)
GeForce FX 5200 Ultra (Driver nVidia 52.16)
Sound Blaster AWE-32 (Driver 4.38.16)
DirectX Version 9.0b
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote