Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-03-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
shamway
Registered

my computer freezes after a few minutes

hello, i just downloaded the demo of this screensavr and i must say WOW. it is the best screensaver i ever saw, only after a few minutes my screen freezes and i have to restart the computer.
i tried downloading the GeForce 2 win 98 driver you recomended in the help section, but it didn't do the trick.
any suggestions?
thank's
shamway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 03:24 PM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Run your DXdiag utility and make sure that everything is working properly as far as rendering goes. To do this go to Start-->Run--> and type dxdiag in the space and hit ok. Go through the tests and make sure everything functions.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 03:51 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

When you installed the Windows 98 driver for the GeForce 2, did it ask if you wanted to replace NEWER files with OLDER files? If so, make sure you answer "I want to replace newer files with older files." Otherwise you end up with a hodgepodge of driver pieces.

If 12.41 does not work, try the 6.47 driver under "GeForce 1".
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:22 PM   #4
flipper
Registered

I also had this problem when I started running the screen saver. The problem turned out to be the cpu was locking up due to overheating. A techie from work installed some kind of heat-sink/fan combo directly onto the cpu and the problem was solved.
flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive