Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-02-2005, 05:12 AM   #361
Marian Nichols
~Author~

That's good to hear, but after all these years of trying, I'll just stick with plastic.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:59 AM   #362
starfish10
Registered

Backdrops

Hi,

I'm enjoying GA, but I would enjoy it MUCH more if we had the option to add photo/graphic backdrops like AR and AG do. I don't much like the "blue sky" look of the tank. In a real tank if you had this much light coming in it would turn solid green with algae. I'd really like to be able to put a stone wall backdrop behind this tank. And it would be really nice to have some optional plants to add, like an Amazon Sword plant.
Starfish10
starfish10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:37 AM   #363
balazslaci
Registered

Turtle

Yes, my idea is to create a turtle for the aquarium. Can you do that?
balazslaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:37 AM   #364
cjmaddy
Registered

I doubt the goldfish would last long!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #365
Inspector Dryfish
Registered

I happened to pass through the computer section in Costco this weekend, and a Vaio on the shelf was showing the goldfish screensaver, but it had blue gravel and a couple of big rocks that don't appear in the version I've got...

Anyway, the fish looked very realistic, and the plants (it was sparse mode) looked and behaved like the ones in the regular GA, so I'm assuming it's the same program.

Is that a special-purchase, exclusive version that I was looking at? Not that I particularly want blue gravel, but I bought my copy of GA just a few weeks ago and didn't see any options for changing the background.

My wish for both GA and MA is the panning feature, so that I could disable the lights-off feature. I've got no problem with my virtual fishies having a bit of night-time, but let them have it when I do, and not during the day, when I want to watch fishies. :-)

Since it's announced that the freshwater aquarium is on hold to favor further development of GA and Sharks, I really do hope that panning and auto-panning will be near the top of the new-features list. After that, they can get to my other wish, the realistic split for dual monitors. ahem...

kevin
Inspector Dryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #366
drfish
the Doc

The blue gravel is the the bundled copy of GA that comes with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #367
Polcamilla
Registered

A Mac User's Wishlist

(This is a cross-post. I already posted it in the Mac GA folder.)

Seeing GA with the blue gravel got me interested in it again. It really is too dreary with the boring brown gravel and brown rocks (even with the plants thrown in!).

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us blue gravel?? So we don't get all depressed by our fish in their boring brown tank and switch over to Marine Aquarium instead and neglect our little goldfish friends??

Even better would be gravel where we could pick the color (I'm picturing a slider like the color sliders in Photoshop).

Also, I have a 21" display, and when GA is scaled up to fit it full-screen, it makes the fish creepy-big. Could we get a little more control over the scale of the fish? I'd rather NOT have the plants extend to the top of the screen and have the fish end up with a little extra space to swim in and have them be a normal, pet-store size.

Hrm.....y'know, I probably ought to post this in the regular GA forum.
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #368
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Q: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us blue gravel??
A: Can’t. That was just for Microsoft.

Q: Even better would be gravel where we could pick the color (I'm picturing a slider like the color sliders in Photoshop).
A: We might be able to do this, but we would not let you pick blue…

Ok…that was a joke. Yeah, we might allow sliders for this in the future.

Q: Also, I have a 21" display, and when GA is scaled up to fit it full-screen, it makes the fish creepy-big. Could we get a little more control over the scale of the fish?
A: This is possible, but something that probably won’t be worked on for a while longer.

Q: I'd rather NOT have the plants extend to the top of the screen and have the fish end up with a little extra space to swim in and have them be a normal, pet-store size.
A: Hmmmm…
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #369
Polcamilla
Registered

Originally posted by Reichart:
Q: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us blue gravel??

A: We might be able to do this, but we would not let you pick blue…

Ok…that was a joke. Yeah, we might allow sliders for this in the future.  
Wow! Amazing response time!

Actually, I think I'd be perfectly happy with Non-Microsoft blue, whether it be a shade greener or purplier.

Originally posted by Reichart:
Q: Also, I have a 21" display, and when GA is scaled up to fit it full-screen, it makes the fish creepy-big. Could we get a little more control over the scale of the fish?
A: This is possible, but something that probably won’t be worked on for a while longer.

Q: I'd rather NOT have the plants extend to the top of the screen and have the fish end up with a little extra space to swim in and have them be a normal, pet-store size.
A: Hmmmm…  
Uh, oops. What I meant was----all things being equal, if I had to chose between having creepy-big fish and having the background fit perfectly or having pet-store sized fish and having a background that didn't reach all the way to the top of the screen, I'd choose the latter. I honestly don't lose any sleep over the fact that the plants go to the top of the screen.

Thanks!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:03 AM   #370
Liamtg
Registered

Goldfish critique

I really like goldfish, so I was eager to download the demo. I was a little disappointed. The fin movement didn't seem as realistic as MA. I imagine that it would be more difficult with the goldfish because their fin and tail movement is more dynamic. I don't remember if there was any mouth movement(I uninstalled the SC) but this would be even more important with the goldfish than with the marine fish.
Thanks
Liamtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:36 PM   #371
rmdolan
Registered

A fish for the Wishlist

How about a Betta? They come in blue and red, I think, and I know that other fish don't like them (or vice-versa). But, you could have just one at a time on your screen.
rmdolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #372
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Hi, welcome to the forum.

a betta in a goldfish tank, probably won't happen.

Betta do well with other fresh water tropicals, it's each other, the males, that they do not care for.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:10 AM   #373
Pham Huu Hanh
Registered

I think the betta must be in a separate pot.
Anyway,the bettas are beautiful & now has a new generation : HALFMOON BETTA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black BF HM maele.jpg (71.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Green Mask HM male.jpg (69.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg yellowMay15_2005.jpg (31.8 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg blueHM.jpg (23.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg opaqueFeb9_2005.jpg (37.6 KB, 89 views)
PHH
Pham Huu Hanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:45 AM   #374
Marian Nichols
~Author~

WOW! they are beautiful.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #375
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

AWESOME. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for sharring.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #376
RickDeckard
Be Smart!

And what about a splendid pumpkinseed or sun fish like we say in France,it's a colourful fish and it can easily stand comparison to many tropical cichlids!

or this variant.

Photos link http://www.cnr.vt.edu/efish/families/pumpkin.html
RickDeckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #377
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Those look like good candidates for the Freshwater Aquarium.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:51 AM   #378
Falz
Registered

FSAA controls of course.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #379
iMark
Registered

Is this program developement pretty much dead in the water?...no mention of anything for over a year...
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #380
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

iM,
It's on hold at least until MA3 (with extras) is out.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows