Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #1141
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

You know, Ed, there might not be any incoming. They say the best revenge is living a good life. Could be, just leaving the pic with the "smudged nose" as is where any compulsive obsessive photographic person (none among us, of course) would have to look at it on a daily basis while surfing the forum and get all gnarly inside because they can't straighten it out, sorry, I mean wipe off the smudge, might be a perfect "nose thumb" reply.... Just a thot, but I'm going to get under cover just in case...

Minn

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #1142
Marian Nichols
~Author~

It does look like he could fix it for me. some soap and water maybe. He fixes every body elses, but mine, nooo, he like my dirty face.

I think he has forgoteen about SHE WHO MUST NOT BE MENTION, she has a way of dealing with ....

not to worry Cliff, I'll try to hold her back, ; )
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:14 PM   #1143
cjmaddy
Registered

No no no, none of you read the post correctly, - that's only what I was GOING to say!

..... But being a gentleman, - I then decided to say nothing! ..... .....

ps, Thanks for taking it so well Marian, you are a good sport!
I shall be only too pleased to remove the 'ink', - I am working on it now!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:19 PM   #1144
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Alright Cliff to the rescue
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #1145
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Lets try and remember that this is the aquarium wishlist thread. I might need to remove some of these posts.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #1146
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Yeah, put them with the jokes, 'cause they are pretty funny. We do have a tendency to get off track at times, but we wouldn’t be us if we didn’t!
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #1147
cjmaddy
Registered

It's on the "pictures from the past!" thread!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:26 PM   #1148
klyntun

I thought it was a nose ring. Didn't you get it when you got your tattoos?
Old 06-24-2004, 12:18 AM   #1149
sunny
Registered

Exclamation

angelfishes

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>°

°o°°Oo°oO°
><(((°>° °<°)))><
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:49 AM   #1150
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yes, let's include all 20 in the next version...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:09 AM   #1151
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Allot of those are already on the photo page.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:26 PM   #1152
Louis
Registered

Angels are enough

Let's have some shining bodies......(Porkfish)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg output.jpg (92.1 KB, 140 views)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:35 PM   #1153
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Thanks Sunny. That's quite a collection of Angel fishes. I'm not a fish owner so it was treat for me to see all the different kinds of angel fishes in one place. I then went to MA and looked at the fishes on the list and tried to guess which ones were angel fish to see if I could recognize them. Missed on 3 or 4 so I looked at them some more to see if I could recognize similar characteristics so I could identify an angel fish off the bat. still working on it....
tks again.

Old 06-24-2004, 07:39 PM   #1154
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

minn,

Check out our wishlist photo page located Here and you can see the fish people have requested and would like to see so far. If you find a different fish that you don't see on the page and you would like it included find me a high res. photo and email it to me. I'll add it to the list.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:53 PM   #1155
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Thanks Michael. I enjoyed looking at those too. There is one thing on my wishlist which I had been hesitant about asking for because I was afraid of it coming across as being critical of Jim's work. But here it is. An upgrade on the starfish, please. It is a wonderful starfish and I love the way it really organic ly moves it's limbs ever so slowly and fully like a real limb, you can almost see it pulsing (not really the word I'm looking for but closest I can think of at this moment) internally in its movement, some withdrawing and reasserting and extending at the same time. Beautiful. However, a star fish actually moves via the many tiny tubular tentacles beneath each arm and the starfish in MA exhibits movement around the perimeter of its arms instead of where it would naturally be and this is really pronouncely not quite right when the starfish is on the window.... Notwithstanding, I really do love my MA very much, thank you.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:16 PM   #1156
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

minn,

I'm abit confused about what you are saying. Its been a hectic day for me, I might be tired and slow. I keep forgetting about newer members and what they have seen and what they haven't seen. The starfish does climb on the glass at times and then you can see the underside of it and the little tentacles moving. Is this what you are refering too?

Last edited by Jav400; 06-25-2004 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:31 PM   #1157
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

yeah. I think I might have gotten an individual starfish trying out new moves when I got my MA. I see more activity around the outer edges of my starfish's limbs than on the center underside of each limb where the tentacles are. I do see one pixel on one limb turning on and off and a bit of some kind of nerve movement about the center mouth/stomach area. I took some movement classes years ago and the starfish was one of the animals we looked at... Maybe this is a different species of starfish I'm not familiar with because I'm certainly no starfish expert. Maybe I need a bigger screen. But you know, when I take a step back, the forest looks great. I'm happy that my starfish moves across the window so organicly rather than just lie around like a prop. Go get some rest. Breathe, smile, yawn a lot and let everything be well for you. This is not worth any worries.

_________
Minn
Old 06-25-2004, 06:00 AM   #1158
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I'm just curious, I haven't actually sat and studdied the bottom of a starfish before so I have no real idea what one looks like. The only ones I have seen in recent memory are a few in photo's and Jim's.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:44 AM   #1159
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

I went to monterey bay aquarium years ago and they had a hands on display for starfishes - these guys like it cold. my hand nearly froze off at the cold water temperature those particular starfishes liked it at. But I'm not sure if all star fish required that cold a temperature or just those particular ones they had on display. I remember finding one on a beach and tossing it back into the ocean... But I'm a happy camper now that I've figure out my MA starfish might be trying on some new evolutionary moves for size. or it might be a specie I'm not familiar with because who all has seen every specie of starfish? And I really do like the way Jim has captured its movement. it really is quite lovely and organic looking in its movement.
_______
Minn

Last edited by Surferminn; 06-25-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #1160
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

I withdraw my wish for an upgraded starfish. Its fine the way it is.

Minn

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows