Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 07-14-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
Tony Montana
Registered

Two Questions_single thread?

Hello everybody...

My first question is:

1. I followed the directions on how to place a logo into the crystal, but they are PNG. The importer only accepts BMP Monochrome, what the heck am I missing? I placed the PNG into the folder specified. I am probably missing something obvious does anybody know what it is?!?

2. I have dual displays, I am using a Matrox Parahelia APVe with two 19" viewsonics, I have a 3.4 P4 and 1 gb of DDR2 ram. Now the only way I can get it to go across completely is in Stretch Mode but the aspect ratio is different on each monitor, which is odd because it is using being used as one. in addition I cannot use the saver at desktop resolution (the screen goes black and all I hear are tiny little bubbles), which is 2056x1024 16 or 32 bit. If I go smaller I can get it to work, but it doesnt look as good.

Thanks in advance,
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:19 AM   #2
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Hey buddy. First I want to welcome you to the forums. We are a great bunch of people from all over the world.

Now for your problem. I have mine running on dual monitors too. But I have a GeForce FX5900 and running in Horizontal Span. I first have it set to 1024x768, then in span it is running in 2048x768.

Someone should be along soon to help with your card and settings. Again, Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

For dual monitor, download Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD (Multi-Display).
http://www.serenescreen.com/product/time/

You placed a 32-bit color PNG of the correct size into the C:\Program Files\SereneScreen\Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD\ ?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #4
Tony Montana
Registered

Thanks for the response...

Feldon- Yes, and my pic is 256, created in Photoshop CS. How do I get the saver to recognize the logos, without using the importer.

I do have the MD version, unfortunately I think the terms you are using with your GE Force differs from the terminology of Matrox. Do these configurations sound familiar? Clone Mode, Stretch Mode, Independent Mode? I orginally tried stretch mode were both monitors are as one and retain one aspect ratio, Then I used independant were you can drag a window into both but you can have different attributes on each monitor ie, refresh, aspect, etc...

Thanks again...
Old 07-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Have you gone into the Settings and clicked on each monitor/graphics card and made sure it's not set to [X] Blank?

Can you post the logo here as an attachment?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
Tony Montana
Registered

I enclosed the attachment, FYI, I downloaded your files that you have posted and I cannot view those either. I dont think it is the file type...I think I am missing some command in MD. How do you view the logo on the crystal, you cannot import it because it only recognizes BMP. It has to be something really dumb!?!

And what do you mean by "[X] Blank?
Attached Images
File Type: png aim-logo.png (10.1 KB, 86 views)
Old 07-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It's not a command!
It's not an import!
There is NOTHING you can do from WITHIN the Aquarium to load the logos!

You MUST drop the PNG files into the Marine Aquarium Time 2 or Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD folder.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
Tony Montana
Registered

Which I did... What do you do next?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Run the Aquarium. If you have Logos set to display, it should rotate through them.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #10
Tony Montana
Registered

I did and the only one that shows up is the Prolific one.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:03 AM   #11
Tony Montana
Registered

I played around some more (with no luck), I just dont want to waste anymore time on this but,Thanks for your help anyways...
Old 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #12
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Tony, you're not the only one to post this problem.

I am not sure what is going on here but I will look into it.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:15 PM   #13
Tony Montana
Registered

Thanks, I will drop in periodically and see whats going on.

FYI, my name is not Tony, I am just a big fan of Scarface. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Gus
Old 07-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #14
torch511
Pathfinder

Sometimes Photoshop can be a little too advanced for it's own good sometimes. Here is what I think is happening:

In order for MA2+T to recognize the BMP files, the files MUST be monochromatic images (1 BIT). If you are creating an image in RGB mode, unless you take a few extra steps, Photoshop will save the BMP file as an ordinry 16, 24 or 32 bit image.

In order to get the file to be recognized, convert the image to grayscale (Image>Mode>Grayscale) and then convert it to a BMP (Image>Mode>Bitmap).

Now when you save the file, the BMP options window should read 1 Bit, and the file will be able to be imported.

I will refrain from commenting on why someone would plop down 700 bucks on software they obviously have no clue how to use.
torch511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:37 PM   #15
drfish
the Doc

Originally posted by torch511:
...I will refrain from commenting on why someone would plop down 700 bucks on software they obviously have no clue how to use.  
Well you didn't do a very good job...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:44 PM   #16
AKcrab
Registered

In order for MA2+T to recognize the BMP files, the files MUST be monochromatic images (1 BIT). If you are creating an image in RGB mode, unless you take a few extra steps, Photoshop will save the BMP file as an ordinry 16, 24 or 32 bit image.  
Aren't we talking about a PNG file?
Originally posted by feldon29:
You MUST drop the PNG files into the Marine Aquarium Time 2 or Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD folder.  
I will refrain from commenting on why someone would plop down 700 bucks on software they obviously have no clue how to use.  
How does one learn to use software without buying it?
AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:49 AM   #17
torch511
Pathfinder

Tony (knowing that tony is not your real name)

Have you previously imported a logo and are now trying to replace that BMP image with an existing PNG file?

If so, check in your MA2+T folder for a file called logo.dat If it is there, delete it, make sure the PNG file is in that directory and it should work.

I tried your file over here and it worked fine, so it is not the file.
torch511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 PM   #18
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You should know what you are talking about before being rude and insulting to forum members.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:46 AM   #19
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I didn't think he was trying to be rude and insulting, but sarcastically funny.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:44 AM   #20
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

The concepts of "Not trying to" and "being" aren't mutually exclusive...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive