Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep
Notices

Old 02-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #61
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. when you go to windowed mode, there should be an option to remove the window frame and just leave the aquarium.
A: Agreed

2. would it be possible to run the aquarium as the wall paper... I know there are programs out there that allow screen savers to be run as wall paper..animated background.. but they have never let serene screen run that way for some reason... but that would also be a nifty option to be able to work on top of the running aquarium.

A: Agreed. To answer your Q, we will support any system that support DX correctly. If you find one that supports anyone’s DX, we will make sure we work with it.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #62
drfish
the Doc

I read quite a bit of latin, and even translated the new testament from Aramaic.
Now who's floating his ego? Seriously though, I wish I could say the same, but I have no talent for anything to do with any language, latin was a fun class nonetheless (OST-MUS-TISNT! figure that one out guys). Actually, I added that last bit as an afterthought because I thought that might be what you were getting at... If a discussion was started about fishbase, I honestly didn't want it cluttering up this thread. Maybe I should have said, "We already have a thread about that site here.???

But anyway, you meant my sig image, well, here it goes:
I'm pretty into Folding@Home, it's a distributed computing effort like SETI@Home only much more worthwhile. When your computer[s] send in the results of crunching a work unit you get points for it and basic stat tracking is provided by Standford for your user name and any team you might be on. The site that clicking on my sig image takes you to is a 3rd party stat tracking service that takes the basic information from Stanford's website and extrapolates it into a much more detailed breakdown of how you and your team are doing compared to others, the image itself is also a 3rd party service that provides semi-realtime user stats specifically for use in online signatures in order to spur questions like that one you asked.

Edit: Oh, and I like totally agree with Marian about the Manta Ray, simply a must have...
*there, back on topic*
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #63
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: it's a distributed computing effort like SETI@Home only much more worthwhile.

A: What is more important than checking the shores of our universe for travelers who might want to say "hello," and more importantly, being prepared--if there are any? To paraphrase, “It is a big universe, would be most odd if it was just for us.”
Old 02-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #64
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Eydasi thanks you.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:09 PM   #65
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Reichart
A: What is more important than checking the shores of our universe for travelers who might want to say "hello," and more importantly, being prepared--if there are any? To paraphrase, “It is a big universe, would be most odd if it was just for us.”
Curing cancer, Alzheimer's, and Cystic Fibrosis.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:14 PM   #66
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by drfish
Edit: Oh, and I like totally agree with Marian about the Manta Ray, simply a must have...
*there, back on topic*
You're not alone in that wish, ... ask DL. -
Originally posted by cjmaddy - (in a thread with no name! )
How about a Manta Ray passing by in the background? - (Or is it too big? )

Screen shot taken from The Blue Planet ......

cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:31 PM   #67
drfish
the Doc

Reichart,
How about "immediately beneficial" instead of worthwhile?

--> ???
Old 02-27-2004, 05:14 PM   #68
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey drfish, I'm using folding@home to, how can I get such a statspic for my client?
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:50 PM   #69
drfish
the Doc

IXNAY,
check your PM.

So is the Manta in or out?
Old 02-27-2004, 11:37 PM   #70
klyntun

Hey, doc. All this time I thought cave piscus was some blind cave fish! So I suppose carpe diem doesn't really mean goldfish must die?!
Old 02-28-2004, 08:25 AM   #71
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

carpe diem

carpe diem......sieze the day..... I try to follow that myself....
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:50 AM   #72
Jim Sachs
Developer

Keep 'em coming, Clint.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:36 AM   #73
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: Curing cancer, Alzheimer's, and Cystic Fibrosis.

A: Actually no. This will kill some of us, but not all of us. No, nothing is more important that looking at our HUGE GIGANTIC INCOMPREHENSIBLE universe, and checking for 3 things.

a. Life, especially sentient life. Because “if” we found ANY proof of it, INSTANTLY Earth would unify and became a war motivated battle fort. History is filled with innocent tribes that were slaughtered, we don’t won’t to be tribe Earth, put on galactic reservation.

b. Meteors. Although the odds are slim. There in fact some huge things out there, move fast, in random direction. The moon’s surface is evidence we get hit from time to time.

c. A giant eye staring back through a Petri dish.

So, we “start” with this, and “then” all other energy can go to things like cancer research….speaking of which, sharks don’t get cancer.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #74
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You don't think we, as a society, are ready for aliens do you?

There was an excellent episode of Star Trek TNG, interestingly called "First Contact" about a race that was just too paranoid to deal with alien races (The Federation).

http://stng.36el.com/st-tng/episodes/189.html

Maybe in a couple hundred years we'll be ready.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #75
Wizwad
Only me...

I don't think crocodiles/aligators get cancer either, so when are we getting a screensaver of *them*? Hmm?

Just caught the episode of South Park where Bush convinces Congress to attack Heaven on the basis that it might be a threat, and all caused by Cartman wanting a free pass to get loads of sweets.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:03 PM   #76
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Last edited by Marian Nichols; 02-28-2004 at 07:03 PM.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #77
Jim Sachs
Developer

So, speaking of sharks...
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 05:06 PM   #78
drfish
the Doc

I tried Jim...
Old 02-28-2004, 06:13 PM   #79
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Jim, don't encourage them, if you mention "sharks" too often, they will remember that this group is a wishlist, and will start adding more...

My goal is to sidetrack...

Wait, who's side are you on here?

Now...anyone ever wonder if insects yawn?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #80
Wizwad
Only me...

That's the Butterfly Garden, Reichart, and we already know it's going to be some time before that arrives!

It would be nice to have a shaded background in the Open Water tank - lighter toward the top, darker toward the bottom, possibly with sliders for each in the settings panel to control how light/dark each gets.

It would be nice to have the occasional skate or camouflaged ray move across the sand in the fantasy tank - and stop.

Debris, such as in the Goldfish Aquarium would be really nice, maybe moving in slight currents.

Plumes of disturbed sand following the low swimming Angel Sharks and the ray/skate above when it 'takes off' and 'lands' again.

If the colouring of the ocean tank background and lighting is set to be really dark then it might be nice to have some luminous fish turn up from time to time, but I know we're getting toward fantasy here. Still, as you guys said - it is a wish-list.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep