Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-18-2004, 08:48 AM   #1
jtwal
Registered

Cool Minimizes on initial boot

Can someone help? I'm running XP SP2 with Marine Aquarium 2.0 (recent purchase.) After initial computer boot, the first time Marine Aquarium initiates, it minimizes. Once it is clicked to restore to full screen, it works perfectly (even if the computer is restarted) until a complete shutdown and reboot where the above process starts all over. I have an NVidia GeForce 3 card and have the latest driver (didn't help this problem.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
jtwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Do you have any programs with a delayed start? Anything which tries to run will minimize the Aquarium, so it sounds like some program is launching after the Aquarium.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

What background tasks are you running? (i.e. Norton Antivirus, firewall, etc.)
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:05 PM   #4
jtwal
Registered

Thanks for the reply. I don't utilize a software firewall. I do run McAfee VirusScan, an event planner (calender) and possibly a few I'm not aware of but I intentionally try to keep that type activity at a minimum.
I ran Marine Aquarium 1.1 on this same machine under Windows Me for a few years without a hitch. Something in my upgrade to XP Home a month ago is causing the grief.
It's not the end of the world, just inconvenient!
jtwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive