Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 03:43 AM   #41
Wizwad
Only me...

That's the sort of humour which can get you into trouble!

Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #42
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Only because of a lack of humor in others.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 AM   #43
JohnWho
Registered

Smile

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
11k. when I can put two minutes together. Definitely within the current decade, probably this year (but don't hold me to it).  
"This year" meaning in the next 12 months or sometime before December 31st?

I'm only asking so I can try to schedule the 2 minutes it will take me to download and install it.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #44
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I rest my case.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #45
JohnWho
Registered

*begins taking up a collection to buy feldon34 some humor to replace his lack thereof*

It's the least I can do.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #46
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
11k. when I can put two minutes together. Definitely within the current decade, probably this year (but don't hold me to it).  
If it's going to be that long for 11k, then a re-zipped 11j would help me, because I'm not going to install YAZP.

A re-zipped 11j would also let us confirm that the "zip/compression/corruption" difficulty is actually fixed by the proposed Winzip settings changes.

Footnote: when you put the next revision notice in https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4385
it would be helpful to update the #1 posting, which currently says 11i, although the #10 posting says 11j.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #47
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by Dale:
If it's going to be that long for 11k, then a re-zipped 11j would help me, because I'm not going to install YAZP.

A re-zipped 11j would also let us confirm that the "zip/compression/corruption" difficulty is actually fixed by the proposed Winzip settings changes.

Footnote: when you put the next revision notice in https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4385
it would be helpful to update the #1 posting, which currently says 11i, although the #10 posting says 11j.  
I saw your helpful posting, but I'm not so anxious to try 11j that I'm rushing out to get YAZP (Yet Another Zip Program). Obviously, Jim needs to fix the .zip file - and perhaps tell us what (if anything) changed between 11i and 11j, in addition to the frame rate stuff.
We don't need to be spending time trying to test stuff that hasn't changed. That's a waste of our time, and Jim's time.  
Jim has told us what has changed. - Others have told you what will unzip 11j. - Jim has said it will be corrected in 11k.
Will you stop wasting everyone's time.... What is your problem!!!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #48
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I know this has been posted before, but it comes to mind...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A SHEPHERD WAS HERDING HIS FLOCK....

A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leans out the window and asks the shepherd: "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?"

The shepherd looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing flock and calmly answers: "Sure. Why not?" The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his AT&T cell phone, surfs to a NASA page on the internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high resolution photo. Then the young man opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored.

He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas. He uploads all of this data via an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the shepherd and says: "You have exactly 1,586 sheep."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my sheep" says the shepherd.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then the shepherd says to the young man: "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my sheep?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a consultant." says the shepherd.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the shepherd. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked, and you don't know a thing about my business.

Now give me back my dog."
Old 06-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #49
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Ha ha ha. Love it!
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #50
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by harris:
Love it, or hate it...the internet brings people of various personalities together. It's just like belonging to one big virtual family, and just as amusing.  
The sequel:

http://www.softwarereality.com/trues...heep_story.jsp

And a "book recommendation"

http://www.recruitingblogs.com/profi...ry-cranky-bear
Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #51
JohnWho
Registered

Do you still have 10d?

Or one of the "11"s that didn't have an expiration date?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #52
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by JohnWho:
Do you still have 10d?

Or one of the "11"s that didn't have an expiration date?  
Thanks for your concern.

Yes, I still have 10d (and could re-download it if I didn't), and (assuming the information about 11i being non-expiring is correct) I'm currently running 11i.

"...a re-zipped 11j would help me, because I'm not going to install YAZP."

I'd sorta like to be running the same version that you folks are testing and talking about. However, if Jim can't find 2 minutes to fix the "corrupted file" problem in the only place to get "the latest Beta", then I don't personally see a driving need to spend 2 minutes downloading and installing YAZP.

Jim hasn't said so, but perhaps he can't because he no longer has the source for 11j.

It's not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned. Just expressing my personal opinion, and didn't intend to start some sort of argument or invite flames.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #53
JohnWho
Registered

Originally posted by feldon34:
A SHEPHERD WAS HERDING HIS FLOCK....  
Dang.

Looks like the collection worked!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #54
Jim Sachs
Developer

V11k is up: http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #55
JohnWho
Registered

He did this just for Dale?

Maybe only Dale should download and test it then?

This is becoming very confusing.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #56
JohnWho
Registered

With just "canonguitar.sgt" in the Music Playlist, I can not remove it. (New feature.)

Would help to see a simple message, something along the lines of "Can not remove canonguitar.sgt when it is the only selection" or something similar.

Either that, or maybe the "Remove" button would be "grayed out" when canonguitar.sgt is the only selection.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #57
Jim Sachs
Developer

L key - No problem here, was it working before?

Re: remove - maybe I could gray out the "remove" button, but preventing you from removing the name is not all it does. It also replaces the last filename to be removed with the default file. I'm not going to add new text to explain things. (What's the Japanese/Chinese/Korean/German/French translation, and will it fit in the textbox?)
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #58
JohnWho
Registered

Sorry, I posted that in the wrong thread, Jim.

Yes, on further examination I note that whenever one "removes" the last entry in the list, CanonGuitar.sgt will re-appear as the only entry.

I'll cover this in the "readme" - that ought to do it.

"Graying out" would at least help keep a user from thinking that something isn't working.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows