Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #41
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Hrmmm, I wonder what constitutes "a powerful electric charge." Is that like knock out a fish and tick off a human, or to the point where it could knock out a human also? They sound like feisty buggers though.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:28 PM   #42
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

200 Volt @ 8 amps should knock most people out

/Tiny Zap
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:55 PM   #43
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Oops, I forgot about those guys. I guess my previous comment should have said something more along the lines of "Most common rays do not shock, but instead use a stinger". My mistake!
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:11 PM   #44
Jim Sachs
Developer

My local aquarium shop does keep rays in with other fish. Theirs are not very colorful, though.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:14 PM   #45
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

There is a new Marine aquarium shop supposed to be opening here soon. I am going to go there and see what they have when they do. It's been awhile since I ran a real aquarium of my own, and I don't think I want to try and set up a new one just yet. But some ideas or maybe a good marine book wouldn't hurt.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:23 PM   #46
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Steve ( & Jim),
I found some more pics of Rays (a few blue spot stingrays are included, as well as others). You can take a look at them here: http://www.oceanlight.com/lightbox.php?cs=81
(Make sure you click on "See Large Version" link under each image, to see (of course) enlarged image.)

I also found some more basic info on the Blue Spot Stingray (Taeniura lymma) as well as one image of one (captive blue dot ray) in an aquarium. Take a look here: http://www.exotictropicals.com/encyc...s/bluespot.htm

Also if anyone is interested (especially Jim! Maybe he will consider adding a ray to the freshwater aquarium?), you can visit Bud's Freshwater Stingrays & check out his Freshwater Stingray Gallery located here: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/M...0/gallery.html

PS, Steve I hope these help some (also hope they motivate Jim to add a stingray to one of the aquariums).
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:04 AM   #47
feldon34
Forum Administrator

On the topic of crystal versions, Fry's now has a crystal version for use in their stores.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive