Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-12-2004, 01:33 AM   #41
Jim Sachs
Developer

Actually, the Queen has 4 different textures and 4 different models.

Different species of marine fish almost always have a slightly different shape in addition to color. Maroon Clowns have a VERY different shape from Percula Clowns.

In the Freshwater tank, I probably will be using the same models with 2 or 3 textures, especially with Angelfish and Discus Fish.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #42
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by iMark
Here's a feature I would like. You know how the Goldfish changes tank configuration every so many 'x' minutes...well...it would be neat if the Aquarium just changed fish every so many 'x' minutes when you have it set either to random, or say maybe three or so different set choices...something like that. We run the Aquarium on a plasma in our reception area all day long, alternating days with the goldfish aquarium, and we think it would be nice if the fish changed automatically every so often instead of having to do it manually.
iMark,

This feature has been available in Mountainmaster's Fish Picker for some time. In the version for 1.1wide, it only cycled random fish, but in the version for MA2 you could also cycle Custom Settings. (Which seems to be just what you require!). Unfortunately, I don't know if Mountainmaster intends to update his program for MA2 MD. ....... I hope so!

You can find out all about Fish Picker, HERE!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:28 AM   #43
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Classic line by Jim Sachs

"real aquariums almost never do this" -going back a few posts back.

I did have one fish a long time ago which was a beautiful rainbow color at the pet store. Gorgeous fish. All the colors of the rainbow. So I bought it, brought it home, and put it in the tank. I then turned the lights off and decided to come back in the room a few minutes later. So I came back in the room, flipped on the switch, and the fish had turned completely white. I immediately realized that I didn't have much color in the tank or a background for that matter. So I started putting as many colorful ornaments into the tank and around it as possible. So after all that, the fish stayed an ugly white the rest of its days.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:25 AM   #44
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Oh thats pitiful and sounds like my luck. What kind of fish was it?
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #45
iMark
Registered

Thanks very much, Cliff!!! I came late to the game, so I never had a 1.1 version, so now I'm hoping that he will update it for the new widescreen version and my life will be perfect!...and I don't get to say that very often....lol...thnx again.
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:30 PM   #46
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

[quote]Originally posted by kona001
[b]Classic line by Jim Sachs

"real aquariums almost never do this" -going back a few posts back.

I did have one fish a long time ago which was a beautiful rainbow color at the pet store. Gorgeous fish. All the colors of the rainbow.

Sounds like a Longfin Anthias,in the wishlist there is a picture of one with a bunch of different colors.Did it look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg longfin.jpg (41.2 KB, 60 views)
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive