Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
basser1
Registered

Has anyone seen this?

Hey all ,Just surfin' the net and came across this web-site called clubaquatica.com. After checking it out I thought, "man, there is a ton of things a person can do with this". You can create your own 3-D fish and background, right down to the type of water pattern. And if you want something surreal, you can even have the fish talk. They seem to have a nice selection of fish even, yes I said it, even a dolphin. Has any one had any experience with this program? The program seems to have been around awhile and I don't remember anyone mentioning this before.
basser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:13 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Quite a few people have tried Aquatica out. I don't know that anyone has been impressed by its plastic-looking graphics and unrealistic elements (talking fish, freshwater fish in a saltwater tank and vice versa).

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...hread.php?t=44
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...read.php?t=260
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...read.php?t=302
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=1642
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=1937
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=2683
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=3147
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
basser1
Registered

I don't suggest this is in the same category as Jim's. It looks kind of fun. Folks can try their hand at creating their backgrounds and fish.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #4
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I think Marian owns this one. She can give you her first hand info.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #5
klyntun

A talking dolphin? I think it's been done... "They call him Flipper, Flipper..." though I could never understand a word he said. It sounded more like he was laughing at us than anything.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:49 AM   #6
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I didn't buy it, I didn't like it,
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
GeorgeHeppelle
Registered

Originally posted by basser1:
Hey all ,Just surfin' the net and came across this web-site called clubaquatica.com. After checking it out I thought, "man, there is a ton of things a person can do with this". You can create your own 3-D fish and background, right down to the type of water pattern. And if you want something surreal, you can even have the fish talk. They seem to have a nice selection of fish even, yes I said it, even a dolphin. Has any one had any experience with this program? The program seems to have been around awhile and I don't remember anyone mentioning this before.  
Yes, I did and even purchased it[img]images/smilies/sad.gif[/img], I struggled with the design your own scene, failed or at least the program seemed to fail and eventually asked for a refund. I compared it to serene scene and the analogy would be like comparing a Mercedes to a roller skate.
GeorgeHeppelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #8
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Don't you mean "roller skate to a Mercedes"? (Or maybe you really like roller skates? )

/Tiny Other Way Around
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:00 PM   #9
basser1
Registered

Don't want anyone to think I was trying to compare the 2 programs. I agree that SS is a work of art. I was intrigued by the fact that this program had a lot of options, i.e., the ability to create your own fish and backgrounds.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
toddfish
Registered

i think the problem with those 'highly customizable" virtual aquarims is that the aquarium always ends up looking like a big messy collage of items that don't color-match each other, and don't shadow each other properly. jim's one aquarium looks really nice and that's why it's so successful. what good is "customizable" when the end result always looks crappy?
toddfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #11
basser1
Registered

toddfish, you know what "they" say, crappy is in the eye of the beholder, lol. Seriously though, some of the backgrounds don't look too bad, while others I admit do look "cartoonish".
Old 09-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #12
toddfish
Registered

true, and i've only ever seen their free version. Let's face it though, when you boast 700 backgrounds you probably didn't spend too much time on each!

It reminds me of different reproduction stategies (getting biological here). Some animals (like humans) create single offspring and pour all their energy into that one child. Others (like most fish) produce thousands of expendable babies in the hopes that one or two might survive. That's kinda like MA2 and Club Aquatica!

there's a goofy analogy.
toddfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive