Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Iwantfish2
Registered

Where can I buy Gold Fish aquarium 1?

My nephew has goldfish aquarium 1 (I believe) on his Emachine he bought in either late 05 or 06. I thought it was a windows screen saver that came with his PC. But from the pics I have seen it looks exactly like GoldFish Aqaurium 1. I really want a nice looking fish screen saver. This one appears to be the best. I have downloaded a few free demos and they all dont look as good.

My question is, can I still buy goldfish aquarium 1 in stores? If so then where. I know where a BestBuy is and even a office depot and one staples. I believe they sell software?

I want to own the CD for goldfish 1 then I plan to download the update for $6. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Iwantfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I have no idea where you would buy Goldfish Aquarium 1. Goldfish Aquarium 2 has been out since 2006. It's $19.95 at LifeGlobe.com.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Iwantfish2
Registered

Is this it?

I found someone selling an uponed version of Goldfish aqaurium 1 and serene screen marine aquarium 1 on ebay for $15. But its says its Encore? Is this one of the publishers for the goldfish aquarium and serenescreen marine aquarium 1 CDs? I dont want some low quality knock off.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, Encore was our original hardcopy publisher.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:40 AM   #5
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

You are going to buy for $15 an old copy then upgrade for $6 to save buying a $19.95 program.. Sounds like a lot of trouble to spend an additional $1.05.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Goldfish Aquarium 1 is old and outdated. Buy Goldfish Aquarium 2 for $19.95 at LifeGlobe.com. You wont regret it.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

And by buying an online version, most of the money goes to the author, instead of the distributor.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Iwantfish2
Registered

Originally posted by Ralph:
You are going to buy for $15 an old copy then upgrade for $6 to save buying a $19.95 program.. Sounds like a lot of trouble to spend an additional $1.05.  
The idea behind buying the CD is so I have a physical copy and all I have to do is upgrade for $6.

I was going to buy gold fish aquarium 1 for $1.99 on ebay then buy the upgrade. But I saw someone selling marine Aquarium and goldfish aquarium for $15 so I decided I would rather just buy both. Since I did see marine aquarium on youtube and I wouldnt mind having a physical copy of that. I hope thered upgrades to it I can download.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Marine Aquarium + Goldfish Aquarium is MA1.1 and Goldfish 1. MA1.1 cannot be upgraded to MA3. You must buy a new copy.

Don't you have a CD burner?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
Iwantfish2
Registered

Originally posted by feldon33:
Marine Aquarium + Goldfish Aquarium is MA1.1 and Goldfish 1. MA1.1 cannot be upgraded to MA3. You must buy a new copy.

Don't you have a CD burner?  
Actually what I got in the double pack of GF and MA was GF1.0 and MA2.0. Also MA3 doesnt run so well on my Acer notebook. The fish and coral and such in the aquariums leave streaks. Like the fish and background has been smeared like.

Yes I do have a CD burner. But I wasnt sure if I could put a program I downloaded onto CD with a burner. If I could I would have went for the GF2.0 and MA2.6. But Now I will just upgrade.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Upgrade the drivers on your Acer Notebook.. don't worry the drivers are free being as you seem really.... frugal
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

hahahahaha. What a shot.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows