Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep
Notices

Old 02-26-2004, 06:16 AM   #41
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I agree with JR on that one. There are way to many music players out there that do exactly what everyone is talking about. Why take up more download space with the screensaver when you can already have a player for free that will play anything that you want? Plus you can use it to listen without the screensaver running while doing something else.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:35 AM   #42
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

How About...

Hey, how about adding a random dolphin / porpus to chase a shark aroung or bout it a little...natural enemy type thing...LOL
just an idea

would also like to see maybe a random school of rays...

a whale shark definitly

smaller fish swimming close

definitly some improved graphics to a more reealistic state

real time lighting...(an old issue I know)

.....more to come..
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:05 AM   #43
BigScreen
Registered

With all the talk about shark feeding and the Jaws theme, I can't believe no one has suggested adding a swimmer...
Scott J.
Publisher of The BigScreen Cinema Guide
BigScreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:07 AM   #44
Marian Nichols
~Author~

No, but we did think about it, LOL. I did suggest a deep-sea diver.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:19 PM   #45
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Lots O'feedback

1. Q: Good to see a post from you. Are you feeling better?
A: Still typing one handed some times.

2. Q: Actually, it would be nice to have a bottom up view as well as the top down suggestion above
A: Agreed. May happen.

3. Q: Great White should have white underneath it.
A: Agreed.

4 Q: Hammerhead should have a better swim pattern so we can see the unique style of the fish.

5. Q: Little fish swimming underneath some of the sharks.

6. Q:Have the sharks turn in a completly different direction in front of the screen,instead of off the screen.

7. Q: Since it is the coral reef and not an aquarium.We should see more creatures,like you would if you actually went out there.Like a octopus,starfish on the screen,a seal that the great white chases but never catches.

6.Make it look not to cartoony and more realistic looking.

7.Plants moving.

8.Keep the sharks in the reef and not swim off in the background.
A: Can’t do that with real sharks. Our formulas are about as real as we can make them.

9.Maybe see the small fish swim to safety when the sharks swim by there area,then see them come out when the sharks leave.

10. drfish: 2 questions for you, 1) why did you think it important to mention “That site has been pointed out before...” and 2) what is your sig line referring to (in three sentences of less)?

11. Hey, how about adding a random dolphin / porpus to chase a shark aroung or bout it a little...natural enemy type thing...LOL
A: Dolphins and whales will be a sep product from a diff angle one day.

12. a whale shark definitly

13. smaller fish swimming close

For the record, Agreed means just that, we agree, and thus, it is possible this will be added. When, how, etc. Don’t know yet. MA GA and SA are all being worked on.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:29 AM   #46
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

a couple more...

I also would like to see some sand sharks (I think the name is correct) that swim close to the bottom and blend in an a camoflage type way.

also would like to see the bottom sandy area a little bit wider, seems a bit confined to be a replica of a reef..

other type tanks... just a sandy bottom, with the coral a bit off in the distance...

maybe a sea world type tank ...errr...aquarium type thing... uh..maybe not

a glass bottom boat type view

the ability to pan around in a 360 degree circle would be cool (probably to hard to do I know)

hmmm enough rambling for now....
Old 02-27-2004, 04:36 AM   #47
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

HMMM

this thing has the potential to be a huge project, unlike gold fish or marine aquarium which are home tank type things, this is open ocean with limitless possibilities... will be greatly interested in seeing just how this develops over the months and years to come...

just my 2cents.....
Old 02-27-2004, 05:40 AM   #48
drfish
the Doc

Reichart,
Just wanted any discussion that might have followed regarding the site to be put in the "proper" thread since it already had it's own. And of course I couldn't let anyone get away with taking credit for linking to something I had first...

My sig line, "Cave Piscus!" is latin for "beware the fish." The V is pronounced like a W. So it sounds like "ka-way."
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:13 AM   #49
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

Embarassed something else

a couple other things that could be applied all the aquariums now and in the future:

1. when you go to windowed mode, there should be an option to remove the window frame and just leave the aquarium. I have this option in my tv card software, when I am not in full screen, I can go to a windowed mode that looks somewhat like a tv set, but if I right click on the picture, the frame goes away and just leaves the tv picture running and it is still resizeable by dragging the corners. this would be an awesome option for those like myself who like to leave the aquariums running while we work.

which kinda leads to number 2.

2. would it be possible to run the aquarium as the wall paper... I know there are programs out there that allow screen savers to be run as wall paper..animated background.. but they have never let serene screen run that way for some reason... but that would also be a nifty option to be able to work on top of the running aquarium.

not real sure of the pain this would cause to create this but they would be great options...
Old 02-27-2004, 06:25 AM   #50
drfish
the Doc

A1: See this thread.

A2: Should this be in the FAQ? Is it? Where is the FAQ? It's either not very easy to find, or I'm a moron...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:28 AM   #51
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Bugsy,
That last request has been debated (heatedly) on several occasions. As Jim is against it, there really isn't much anyone can do. Do a search on the forum and you'll see all the stuff thrown around on the subject.

Tell me this: How much do you see of your desktop in a day? Personally I run most of the programs I use in a maximized window so I usually only see it in the morning and when it's time to pack up and go home. Are you sure you'd really find it useful to have it running there? I did a long time ago, but have since then reached the conclusion that it would be as useless as ugly (with icons cluttered all over).

/Tiny Two Cents
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:34 AM   #52
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

nope

this I thought is the wishlist forum and these are the things i wish for.....
Old 02-27-2004, 06:36 AM   #53
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

turtle, yep I see quite a bit of my desktop during the day, I run a lot of stuff in windowed mode, and on several monitors...was just a thought....
I use to skinny dip, now I chunky dunk!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:39 AM   #54
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

bugsy,

Give yourself a couple of days and think your ideas through, look over the forum and see what has already been requested, and then make one post with your ideas listed. It will be easier for them to be looked at and answered that way.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:19 AM   #55
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

Smile Apologies

ok. I apologize, however, I do not get to this site very often.. this is a new product and I was just adding my wishes and requests.
I am sorry if I broke some sort of rule.... and this forum is huge.. and I really don't have the time to go thru all the threads....again I am sorry
Old 02-27-2004, 07:27 AM   #56
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Nothing to be sorry about, you didn't break any rules. Like I already said, its just easier to respond to 1 post with all the requests and be able to give answers to your thoughts. When they are scattered out some usually get missed, and like you just said, if its more comprehensive then new members won't have to read 750 posts to keep from posting the same things over and over.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #57
Liath
Still here in spirit

Geez guys. Don't you think you're being a little harsh? I mean this is the Shark SS wishlist, not the MA or goldfish wishlist. You all may have been on the beta testing crew. I don't know. Perhaps you have all discussed this stuff to death, but the rest of us are seeing this for the first time. I personally own all of the screensavers, so I read all of the forums. I know who wrote the programs, and the issues that pertain to all of them. Most people purchasing the product are not going to know all this stuff.
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:29 AM   #58
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Bugsy (& Liath),
Ok, sorry if I came off as harsh. I asked questions and got them answered. I stated Jim's opinion, pehaps the people at Prolific are more open to the idea.

I fail to see the point of the "Leave us for a couple of days and then make your post" proposition, made by Admin400, – That is not what I was aiming for.

/Tiny Misunderstanding
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #59
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Dr...

1. Q: Just wanted any discussion that might have followed regarding the site to be put in the "proper" thread since it already had it's own. And of course I couldn't let anyone get away with taking credit for linking to something I had first...
A: Hmmmm, I'm not sure that is possible on the web. But, what ever floats the ego.

2. !: My sig line, "Cave Piscus!" is latin for "beware the fish." The V is pronounced like a W. So it sounds like "ka-way."

A: I read quite a bit of latin, and even translated the new testament from Aramaic. My question was not one of language, I was asking about the GIANT SPREADSHEET of CPU numbers and stuff you use as your sig.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:25 AM   #60
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Liath,

I don't think Tiny was being harsh, nor was my intention to be. Everything has to start somewhere, once upon a time the wishlist thread for MA was only a few posts. Now we have scads of them; most of the new users don't even bother to read them all because their are so many, and alot of them are repetitions which further convolutes the process of new members learning what is already planned and what isn't. Just shooting for "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure" and hopeing that we can figure out some way to avoid repeating the same process.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep