Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 09-25-2003, 12:14 AM   #1
memilm
Registered

very nice: no announcment, but new version 912.0.9.6218 on lifeglobe to download.
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:03 AM   #2
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Originally posted by memilm
very nice: no announcment, but new version 912.0.9.6218 on lifeglobe to download.
They probably try not to make the bandwidth overloading by massive downloads, and it is version 912.0.9.6218
but the release note on the website is 0.9 (6070), I dunno why..

and I don't quite understand the new feature: Interest points. Fish are atracted to for moments.

I also found sometimes the tank does not show up in a long time(30 seconds sometimes) when cycling between tanks, all I see is black screen with bubble sounds.

Richard?
anyone?
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:27 AM   #3
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Smile

Thank you for the new cycling feature....very cool!!!!

One minor thing about cycling: the timing seems off a bit. For example if I have it set for 3 minutes on the cycling, it will cycle at about 3 minutes 30 seconds.
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:41 AM   #4
memilm
Registered

on my system the screen also freeze for some seconds from time to time.
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:54 AM   #5
Xylem
Registered

How did you guys download 6218? The link on Lifeglobe, announcing 12 fish (although they only show eleven) doesn't work for me. Do you have a link? cheers,
-Tom
Asus P5E3 Premium, Q9550, 8G DDR3, Palit Radeon HD 4870, Windows 7
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
IXNAY
Green Frog

Nice you didn't make it version 1.0!!!

http://download.lifeglobe.com/downlo...arium-V0-9.exe
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:03 PM   #7
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

New version

1. Q: and I don't quite understand the new feature: Interest points. Fish are atracted to for moments.

A: the fish will take interest in things together, then move on (since they have ADD). This is a new level in our A.I.

We will fix the typo in "Attract"

The version number gets updated within 24 hours (it is a process).
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:30 PM   #8
xrayspex
Registered

I am loving this version. Its working very smooth here for me. The fish are swimming nicely and interact together nicely and the tank and plants are beautiful.

One thing i wish for is that the goldfish would pick at the gravel. Then the goldfish would be extremely realistic.
xrayspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:52 PM   #9
Wizwad
Only me...

No can do I'm afraid - Not without a lot of work remodelling the environment. The gravel isn't (aren't?) individually modelled. Only the neat light-mesh fools the eye into believing that it is. The gravel's actually a flat image.

Still, given the ideas for improvement that Reichart has posted in another thread, maybe this won't be far off after all. Maybe just a year or two.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:33 PM   #10
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Big Grin Beta 6218 settings don't work

Playing with the latest (?) beta from the Prolific web site (shows as version 6218). In version 6216 I complained that, in my opinion, the selection was backwards.... checking fewer plants should show fewer plants..... but it seemed to work the other way around. un checking would show fewer.
With this version "none" (plants or tanks) of the selections work... checking or not makes no difference. I can cycle throught the various versions with "P". If I set to automatically cycle the tanks every 20 seconds I see the various tanks but not the pond or the big tank.

Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:52 PM   #11
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

All the sand on all the beaches.

We once wrote a program for Mattel for their Caterpillar line of products.
We did some cutting edge formulas that modeled the digging of dirt volumetrically.

What this meant is that you could take a scoop of sand, leaving a perfect hole in the shape of the scoop, and drop it as it slid to its final position.

It was really cool….and had never been done in a consumer product before (that I’m aware of), this was more than just terrain deformation.

For gravel, we don’t need to change the way the gravel is currently modeled, we simply need to take what ever pebble the fish is currently trying to push against and when it begins to move, we create a perfect of copy of it in 3D, and move that around.

Then, we just have to have a model for every pebble that the fish might move. I’ll get someone on it ASAP.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:51 AM   #12
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Re: All the sand on all the beaches.

Originally posted by Reichart
Then, we just have to have a model for every pebble that the fish might move.
So, just the top layer, that shouldn't be so difficult. You could even cut that in half or more by only allowing the fish to interact with every other one or something, not to mention the ones that are uninteractable being covered by plants, rocks, etc...
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 02:19 AM   #13
klyntun

Or how about there being specific bits of gravel that are moveable, and the fish only interact with them? Is that possible?
Old 09-28-2003, 10:11 PM   #14
sunny
Registered

hi all,
i noticed that in simple tank there is no debris???
how come there is a checkbox for it?
or it's planned that way? or am i missing something....
in this version , once i have set the fishes (not in random mode)in a particular tank especially "the tank" , when i run cycle thru' tanks, seem that it can't remember my setting (the fishes).

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>°

°o°°Oo°oO°
><(((°>° °<°)))><
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:57 PM   #15
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

Originally posted by sunny
hi all,
i noticed that in simple tank there is no debris???
how come there is a checkbox for it?
or it's planned that way? or am i missing something....
Confirmed. I did not see debris in Simple Tank, Big Tank and the Pond. Additionally The Pond does not have bubbles. If this is intentional the checkboxes should grey out to avoid confusion.
in this version , once i have set the fishes (not in random mode)in a particular tank especially "the tank" , when i run cycle thru' tanks, seem that it can't remember my setting (the fishes).
This I can not confirm. For me the fish settings of all tanks are remembered correctly. Timed cycling as well as manual cycling.
I did notice however that after installing all these different beta versions the GoldfishAquarium registry key has become quite a mess. Maybe that is causing your problem somehow.

Morgan, how about a GA regcleaner?
At almost 25 m long Liopleurodon was the biggest carnivore that ever existed. It had an enormous 3 metre long mouth which contained teeth twice as long as those of Tyrannosaurus.
  Ronald Zaalberg, Creator of Fish Picker
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:16 PM   #16
roseangel
Registered

Originally posted by sunny
I prefer to use the smaller fish for the standard tank and the larger fish only in the "big tank" and "pond" displays. I also found that sometimes (not always) when going from "big tank" or "pond" back to one of the others, the fish settings stay set on the larger fish instead of reverting to the smaller fish settings.

Another thing I noticed is that the "even fewer plants" has its background upside-down compared to the other tanks, and the "simple tank" still has the mouldy green colour in its background. Is this deliberate?
roseangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:29 PM   #17
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Can you please write me up a VERY SIMPLE 123 of hor to reproduce this? Please start from first running it. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:51 PM   #18
roseangel
Registered

With the setting window, I set to "the tank", then click the fish selection tab. Then change back to the settings, change to another tank, click fish selection again, back to settings select "the tank" again and press OK.

About 5% of the time the settings for fish haven't reset. I don't know what makes the difference between when it works and when it doesn't.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:58 PM   #19
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

I'll find out.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:12 PM   #20
roseangel
Registered

I forgot to mention - not only fish settings are overwritten, but also the lighting, debris, etc. I just noticed when testing it to try to find a reason for the difference.

I found the difference - if the other tank is adjusted, and then you return to "the tank" and press OK without making any other changes, the previous tank's details overwrite "the tank". This will work with any tank.

Last edited by roseangel; 09-29-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows