Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-14-2004, 05:00 PM   #1
Kirby Smith
Registered

Smile Where can I find the license?

Hi Everybody:

I am looking for a printable copy of the license (user agreement?) applicable to SereneScrene Marine Acquarium screen saver. I have been to Jim's site and cannot find it, nor can I find it in any emails I have saved back to Jan 2001, nor by any obvious path within the program itself.

A request via the technical support part of Jim's site two weeks ago went unanswered. A search of the Forum just now was unsuccessful, although I may be misnaming what I'm looking for.

Thanks for whatever help anyone can provide.

kirby
Kirby Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

There is no such beast except what you would find in the Installer program.

Have you got a question we can answer?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
Kirby Smith
Registered

Hi Morgan:

Thanks for the reply. As most software sites have licence terms somewhere on the site, I thought I was just missing it.

As far as I can remember, there wasn't really an installer, only a self-extracting zip file, at least for the 99Xs. However, its been a while since I installed one. While I did get a key for version 2, I haven't gotten around to installing it. If it has a license I can print out, even if I have to use Snagit to get it off the screen, then I'll use it.

My interest in the license is two-fold. I have recently added an XP laptop PC to my home for my daughter, and more importantly, my NT4 work computer was recently upgraded to one running XP. I recall there being something either in the license (wherever I saw it) or in a forum message sometime in the distant past about how many computers a single copy is licensed for. Two at home? Home and work? One only? That part only determines how many new copies I buy. Being able to print the license gives me some backup at work if I ever have to prove I own the software.

kirby
Old 03-15-2004, 09:39 AM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim extends the right for the purchaser to use the screensaver on more than 1 computer as long as you are the primary user of said computer. If its someone else's computer then they should purchase a keycode.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:41 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

Kirby -

No problem using the same Key Code on your computers at home and work. Just don't spread it around to all your friends.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
Kirby Smith
Registered

Thanks Michael for your reply, and Jim for your generosity (not to mention spectacular program).

kirby
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive