Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-19-2002, 02:25 PM   #21
lasermail
Registered

Seems I misread your previous reply post teac - you saying "In my view it would be nice if PC H. disabled itself" led me to think you were having problems disabling it too - you wouldn't be the first!, read Tiny's post !It's a major resource hog, but can't be disabled (it runs even when "System Restore" is unchecked") thats very true!

Anyways - I'm out on this one, too many variables and not enough info about your set up!

Best of Luck!
lasermail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 05:04 PM   #22
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Laser,
You too should read the first link in my first post. One guy (Simon IIRC) has a way of disabling it...

/Tiny Resource Hog

Look mom, – 800 posts!
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 05:04 PM   #23
Jim Sachs
Developer

Well, I'm at a loss on this one. I have no idea what I could change in my program that would allow another program to run before mine is even loaded.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:04 PM   #24
lasermail
Registered

Thumbs Down

Tiny I read your psot and checked that link, it is very good, only problem I had with it is that Simons's fix basically "deleted" the program. The link I posted is to a tool that gives the user the option to disable and it has a boat load of plug ins for countless other tweaking / fiddling tasks - it uses a noddy guide (wizard) and was maybe a safer bet? Maybe the reference to "Hacker Software" in the script would put a few off.

Seems the issue isn't really going to help teac though - I suspect he's got a typical ME conflict problem - either Software or Hardware related - nothing to do with Aquarium though??

this said and ironically one of the steps to track this kind of conflict (recommended by the experts?) involves disabling/removing the current screensaver ....but I didn't think teac would like that one either lets hope he finds a neat solution ....hmmmm how about upgrading to XP?
Old 12-20-2002, 02:49 AM   #25
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Laser,
Wasn't there a tip at the bottom of the same page on how to restore the program?

/Tiny Restoration
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:49 PM   #26
lasermail
Registered

Tiny? bottom of the page .... is that the one that reads >>

There is another easy way
1. boot in msdos with starup diskette
2. delete the _restore directory
3. create a file named _restore.
4. reboot...
that's all folks
Old 12-20-2002, 02:49 PM   #27
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Um, yeah – That was the one. On further inspection I'm not as convinced as the author that his remedy will work, but I might be misunderstanding 'im again...

/Tiny Misunderstanding

Old 12-20-2002, 03:16 PM   #28
lasermail
Registered

Thumbs Down

Yeah me too Tiny, I'm never convinced or confident about taking out Windows folders from DOS....so I kinda skipped over that guys post imagining my own Simpsons scene with Homer ..saying...."but I just deleted it? so why's it not here anymore?"....DOH!!

I prefer to leave that guys tip for people who know a bit more about DOS? .....yawn!
Old 12-20-2002, 03:27 PM   #29
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Is PCHealth Scheduler part of Windows or something? Why is it so hard to remove?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:50 PM   #30
lasermail
Registered

I’m guessing here…. but I figure PC Health Scheduler is linked with Windows System Restore. MS maybe made it unlikely average users could remove it? Given it’s there to help recover the system back to a previous state it makes sense they would protect it from accidental removal or user corruption?
Old 12-20-2002, 06:04 PM   #31
lasermail
Registered

I had to know more -
so I checked out
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup...tup_full.htm#H

looked at the entry for pchschd.exe and followed the link to ....
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=PC...ftngp03&rnum=1
Old 12-21-2002, 07:27 AM   #32
teac
Registered

*Update*

Maybe it's not SSA. I add a screenshot from Sch.Log

It's looks like it might be Symantech (Norton) Net Detect, running every 5 min. It never let PC Health have those required 10 minutes of idle. A sort of "Catch 22" situations.

Working on it..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg log3.jpg (83.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by teac; 12-21-2002 at 07:33 AM.
teac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 09:18 AM   #33
lasermail
Registered

Exactly!!
Old 12-21-2002, 02:52 PM   #34
Jim Sachs
Developer

That makes a lot more sense. It had to be a program which is actally running, not one which was waiting to run sometime in the fututre.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 12-21-2002 at 02:55 PM.
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive