Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-26-2002, 05:17 PM   #1
Simon_DR
Registered

Merry Xmas to you all

Thought i'd better start posting something on this forum as i registered a few weeks ago and just to start with wish you all a Merry Xmas.

I only came across theis screensaver recently and was using Aquatica before this but never again.

This screensaver is just excellent and very realistic and i would say looks a lot better than any other one out there just now, so my congratulaions to Mr Sachs for creating this and sounds like it's gonna get even better.

I am a Lightwave user and created a couple of the fishe animations for Aquatica (manta ray, clownfish and simple looking beaked coral fish) before it used fish that looked more realistic and i am creating a couple of interesting things just now for Simon Fearby's aquarium.

The only thing i would like to see changed in the aquarium is to be able to have more than 7 fish available. 10 or more would be great and would be up to the user to be able to have as many or as little as he/she likes to see onscreen at the same time.

I am also dissapointed that the panther grouper. When my dad had had a saltwater tank, he had a grouper and looked pretty cool (and grew quite big as well) but like it says, they might appear in a later screensaver that he is working on.

Anyway, thought i'd say hello and hope you all got what you wanted for Xmas.

Simon.
Simon_DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 01:13 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

There is one main problem with having lots of fish or big fish -- collisions. 3D objects passing through each other. Until I get a better algorithm for collision prediction, the only way I can avoid them is for the objects to give each other a wide berth.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:12 AM   #3
Simon_DR
Registered

Thumbs Down

No problem. Thanks for that Jim.
Simon_DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive