Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-21-2001, 01:31 AM   #1
riz
Registered

GeForce MX 64mb: AGP versus PCI...

I am upgrading my second PC's vid card... My choices are between a 64mb Geforce MX, AGP or PCI version... I have more use for a second PCI card but don't know how much of a performance hit I'd see between the PCI and AGP versions of this type of card...

My second PC is running a full time aquarium and doubles as an internet PC some of the time... it's only got a P2 350, 384 ram and when I put an AGP 32mb MX card in it, I was getting 85+fps at 1280x1024. I want to buy a new 64mb MX card (they're $60-80 online!) I would prefer the PCI version but not at the expense of performance and fps. I want to be able to run over 60fps when big Jim rolls out the 3D background and up to 10 fish at the same time...

So, based on my system specs and this type of video card... is there any reason to think the 64mb PCI version would fail to deliver the goods versus the same type but in AGP version?

Thanks for your input,
riz
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive