Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-01-2002, 08:09 PM   #1
Aventurine
Registered

Cool Help please

Hello everyone

I'm french and I'll do my best in english to explain the problem I'm having. I have installed the aquarium screen saver and I love it. It seems to work out fine, but after 10 minutes the screen saver freeze and the computer also, cause I have to reboot.

I have changer the resolution to 16 bits, and change the sceen display to 800x600 but same results, everything freezes after 10 minutes.

I use Norton anti virus, and I disactivated to test the screen saver, but there again, it freezes the whole computer.

I have window xp and I have a SiS 650 Rev00 video card. I have also check for an update for my card, and I have the latest drivers installed. I also have direct x 8 installed.

Can someone suggest something for me to check on?

Thanks
Aventurine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:00 PM   #2
skypx
Dual Xeon

Angry

Hello Aventurine and welcome to the serenescreen forum. I would suggest another video card. Either ATI or Nvidia. Even though you did not specify what OS you were using, from what I know and read ATI and Nvidia update their drivers regularly and this sound like a driver issue to me. I hope you found this useful
skypx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 12:15 AM   #3
memilm
Registered

How do you start the screensaver? It start as a screensaver automatically from OS or you start it manually?
Have you probably another screensaver as default setted and this start it after 10 minutes? How about your Energy settings with hibernate option for screen and harddrive?
What another programms are running in background?
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 12:43 AM   #4
Socrates
Sage

An SiS 650 is a pretty new chipset. Keep in mind that the 650 actually is the motherboard Chipset, not jst the video.

You need to make sure that all the drivers for it are installed. This may mean an AGP bridge driver AND a VGA adapter driver.

Freezing could also be a sign of a problem in the hardware accelerator in the motherboard. This would not be anywhere near a first with SiS integrated chipsets.

It would really help if you could tell us the manufacturer and model of the motherboard.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:53 PM   #5
Aventurine
Registered

I tried both ways to start the screen saver. Manually and by its own. There is no other screen saver as default at the same time.

My motherboard is Gigabyte 8simlp4titan- sis650-961ac97vide

I found on the web site of gigabyte the driver SIS 650 VGA Driver and SIS 650 AGP Driver. I have download and install them.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I guess I'll have to get someone who knows more about hardware to check my computer out.

I didn't know it was so hard to get that screen saver to work. I saw in the FAQ that the Sis 650 card was ok for the screen saver. Anyways, hope to make it work soon.

Thank you all for your help
Aventurine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive