Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-06-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Thumbs Down New opening forum screen

I like the new look when you enter the forum. Greeted with a personal welcome is a nice touch.....
Ralph
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 06:50 PM   #2
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Glad you like the changes. Morgan and I will be trying to update and improve the look and functionality of the forum. At times we may need to close the forum for a few minutes here and there, but it won't last long. Over the next few days you might see some more changes. Post all comments here.

Last edited by Jav400; 02-06-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:01 PM   #3
teac
Registered

Jav, have you made some changes about the "log-in time"? The other day I had to log in again and again while writeing/post. How many minutes do I "stay inside" after logging in?
teac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:06 PM   #4
MegaHertz
Registered

Not sure I like the number of users online under the New PM's, but other than that it looks great.
Hello...Welcome to the Police 9-1-1 Hotline..." If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you are codependant, ask someone to press 2. If you are a multiple personality, press 3, 4, 5, and 6. If you are paranoid, we know who you are and we are tracing this call. If you are schizophrenic, a little voice will tell you what to do. If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which # you push it will be wrong anyway.
MegaHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:11 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jav, have you made some changes about the "log-in time"? The other day I had to log in again and again while writeing/post. How many minutes do I "stay inside" after logging in?
Today the forum has been up and down as I've been making changes. If you were getting "timed out" a few days ago, do you have any cookie blocking software running?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #6
teac
Registered

Originally posted by feldon23
Today the forum has been up and down as I've been making changes. If you were getting "timed out" a few days ago, do you have any cookie blocking software running?
No, no cookie blocking. Its better today, no time-out so far. But is there a limit before we have to log in again? Asking because I have serveral browser windows open, and surfing the net at the same time.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I have never had to log on unless I delete the cookie. I've gone MONTHS without having to re-logon.

Somehow your account got set not to remember passwords. I switched it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 02-06-2003, 09:01 PM   #8
teac
Registered

ok, thank you, butler.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:05 PM   #9
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Yes I Love the new welcome . Makes me feel importent .
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:32 PM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Nobody noticed that I hot-wired the clock and got it correct?

I had to make about 100 changes spread over 30 files but I got it working.

It's the little things, right Jim?
Old 02-06-2003, 09:54 PM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yep
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 10:16 PM   #12
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

How come no one has commented about the new PM statistics yet? Keep looking, there will be more to come. And if you have any suggestions, PM them to me or post them. We will be happy to consider all of them. Seriously, what we want to do is add functionality and convienence for all our users, with a touch of flair thrown in for good measure. I will be spending alot of time in the next few days going through tons of available add ins and considering them for inclusion. If you know of something worthwhile, I might be able to find it.

Last edited by Jav400; 02-06-2003 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:40 PM   #13
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Thumbs Down

Jav,
the PM statistics is great(very conveniently located). Love the Welcome & personal/forum info! Also , nice to see your personal avatar right next to it.

Morgan,
love the last time visited stats(nice touch)!

You guys keep up the good work & keep them updates coming!
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 12:11 AM   #14
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Originally posted by feldon23
Nobody noticed that I hot-wired the clock and got it correct?
Glad to see the time showing correctly, but just one thing, as New Zeland(Oz too) now is on day light saving time, so the time show on forum is actually an hour shorter than my clock under system tray

I had to make about 100 changes spread over 30 files but I got it working.
I appreciate ur work man, with respect!
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 04:37 AM   #15
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Hrmmm, actually I think I did see something about Daylight Savings time somewhere. I'll look again and find out what that one entails. Good point James.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:11 AM   #16
SunKing
Registered

LOVE the forum changes.

HATE daylight savings time. Why do we still do this?
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:00 AM   #17
drfish
the Doc

Because it still saves an estimated 1% of all electricity use.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:45 AM   #18
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Daylight savings time in Tejas, Bah!

You're welcome up here in Stockholm which's situated ~60° N (roughly the same as Fairbanks Alaska, Hudson Bay Canada or the southern tip of Greenland). Go figure if we like another hour of semi-day instead of pitch black night

/Tiny Tan
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:00 AM   #19
feldon34
Forum Administrator

James said:
Glad to see the time showing correctly, but just one thing, as New Zeland(Oz too) now is on day light saving time, so the time show on forum is actually an hour shorter than my clock under system tray
Very strange. Although NZ savings time ends a few days earlier than US savings time, it should still be working. I am GMT -6 and the time is accurate for me. I looked at your time zone and it's correctly set to +12.

Anyone else seeing problems with the time?

Maybe when I was in there fiddling I broke something that would affect other time zones.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:09 AM   #20
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Big thanks to you, Morgan for fiddling with these matters – It's just so much neater with a forum where stuff works – Figuring out when something was posted on other forums can be quite tricky when the time listed always is a bunch of hours off...

/Tiny Time Difference
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive