Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 10-29-2002, 06:35 PM   #1
DavidPabian
Registered

Unhappy New ATI "fix" dosn't solve redout prob.

ATI just updated their October Radeon software, but it doesn't affect the "midnight blue" look of Aquarium. Jim O'Conner had notified them of the problem and they said a fix would be available soon - but this ain't it. Oh well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aquarium.jpg (34.9 KB, 103 views)
DavidPabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

I'm pinging Apple again.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 08:10 PM   #3
mrtew
Registered

It worked for me the second time!

Try installing it again. I don't know why I did it twice, but for some reason I did. The first time it had no effect at all... it still looked like I had poured a half a bottle of Rid-Ich in my tank, but after I did it again... restarting both times, my Aquarium is back to normal!!! Sooooo nice to have it again!!! Try installing the new ATI update couple more times if necessary. I hope it works for you!
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:10 AM   #4
DavidPabian
Registered

ATI Problem fixed

Thanks for your suggestion on VersionTracker.com, MrTew - Simple reinstalling did nothing, but I saw on your post there that when the update asked for a restart was when you were tipped off to the solution. I trashed my ATI utilities folder and reinstalled update (also chose a specific folder for installation, rather than simply the default OS X disk). It asked for a restart - first time in four installations - and Aquarium looks fine! ATI should suggest deleting application software before updating. Thanks for your help and suggestions, guys!
DavidPabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:19 PM   #5
EdwardT
Registered

Its Fixed!

Just wanted to mention, the color shift problem has been fixed for me. I had a similar issue with the new update. The first time I installed it, it did not request a restart and Marine Aquarium still looked bad. However, after re-installing the ATI update a 2nd time, it asked for a restart and Marine Aquarium looks fine.

Except for the jaggies. :-(
EdwardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive