Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-01-2003, 09:34 PM   #61
klyntun

I'm not sure how scientific it was, but there has been "research" done on this very subject. Participants of "stage" hypnotism were interviewed after the shows. It was discovered that the majority of people had "exhibitionistic" tendencies. In other words, many of them were involved in such things as acting, public speaking, debate, etc. So, they were willing participants and enjoyed the attention. I joke with my clients in our orientation session that unless they are terrorists in real life, I won't be able to hypnotize them to become one; I'll leave that to the CIA.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:54 AM   #62
cjmaddy
Registered

klyntun,
Yes, I can relate to most of that, it can be a most effective and beneficial experience.

Michael,
I think the problem there is mixing hypnotherapy with show business, - you're probably right with your last point!
But I will let klyton answer that one!

Edit,
Whoops, Sorry! - I hadn't realised this had gone on to another page! ...... He's already answered it!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:52 AM   #63
Jim Sachs
Developer

Klyntun -

The hypnotherapist I went to covered all the same points you did, and I was really eager to go under. But after about an hour of preparation and "hypnosis", with me laying there and conversing with him while feeling no different from usual, he said "I can tell from the way you are speaking that you're not really under." Both of us were disappointed, and I never went back.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #64
klyntun

Well, first off I would never try to verbally interact with a first time client while he/she is under hypnosis. Trying to speak while in the hypnotic state is difficult for even the very best subjects, and invariably will bring people out of hypnosis if not done properly and kept to a minimum. If the hypnotist needs feedback from the client while he/she is under, there are many other ways to get it.
In my first session with a client, I basically introduce them to the hypnotic state, alleviate any fears they my have about hypnosis, try to dispel any misconceptions, and endeavor to leave them feeling good and relaxed. It is the second or third session before we start getting into the meat of the matter.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:52 AM   #65
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

klyntun, maybe you could go and hypnotize Jim to make him work double time on the aquariums.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:25 AM   #66
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

lol, he only works double time on his slow days.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:02 AM   #67
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Originally posted by patscarr
klyntun, maybe you could go and hypnotize Jim to make him work double time on the aquariums.
If not Jim, I wouldn't mind a little psychic push. Clean the house in double time, then I could take a twice as long nap!
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive