Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-09-2003, 05:29 AM   #21
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

That's great news about Prolific letting all of us forum members in on the free MAT! I wonder why this was not mentioned earlier? How could a realtively new member like mwlahn, with just 3 posts, know about this before the rest of us? So, mwlahn, when will MAT be released to us?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:39 AM   #22
mwlahn
Registered

How did I know? I was looking to register/buy MA, but really wanted MAT so I sent Prolific an email directly and got that response.

When? Well, it looks like (according to the note) we should hear from Prolific (thru this forum) in the next couple weeks about the review. Presumably that's when we could get, in Microsoft terms, the Release Candidate version of MAT. It looks like they are expecting to have the "final" version available around Feb 1st on the SereneScreen website.

However, the above paragraph is MY interpretation of the email that I received. See the first post here for the exact wording, from which you can draw your own conclusions.
Murray Lahn
mwlahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:37 AM   #23
feldon34
Forum Administrator

patscarr said:
That's great news about Prolific letting all of us forum members in on the free MAT! I wonder why this was not mentioned earlier? How could a realtively new member like mwlahn, with just 3 posts, know about this before the rest of us? So, mwlahn, when will MAT be released to us?
I was asked in an e-mail for my opinions on:

-Whether this would be well-received.
-Roughly how many people I thought would want a copy of MAT.
-How best to handle you guys giving feedback to Prolific about MAT and how to improve it, etc.

and here's the last 2 paragraphs of that e-mail I got on December 27th:
My hope is that we receive input about the product which will help us in its completion, give us ideas for future products, shape our marketing approach, and reward the fans of the site.

Please let me know what you think, but do not discuss this outside the addressees of this email until we are certain we are going to go forward. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 01-09-2003 at 11:42 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:36 PM   #24
mwlahn
Registered

Boy, I hope I didn't spill any beans that weren't meant to be spilled!! There was no indication of confidentiality in the note I got in response to my query. I hopy my timing at asking Prolific about the when was just that -- good timing.
Murray Lahn
mwlahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:13 PM   #25
SunKing
Registered

....very interesting. Seems as if Prolific is the one who spilled the beans by emailing mwlahn.

Now that the cat is out of the bag.....details?

OHH LOOK <<---over 100 posts, WooHoo!
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #26
drfish
the Doc

So we'll be notified somehow when all this goes down? That's pretty nice of Prolific.

Now I just need to convince my boss that we need a dedicated computer powering some insane 42" plasma screen mounted on the wall in the conferance room running the MAT, it's a.. err... productivity booster! yeah...

BTW, congrats on your 101st post Sunking.

edit: w00t! 200 posts for me, how cool is that?
I don't watch commercials.

Last edited by drfish; 01-09-2003 at 04:20 PM.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #27
pipeta
Royal Gramma

Nice!

Well, I haven't participated in this forum for a very long time but I followed it carefully.
Anyway, I am very glad to hear about all the new updates coming soon and especially that the Time version will be given to all the forum members and beta testers for free.
I hope it won't be only for a limited number of people but to all the forum members. It seems that we will all get it from what I see on the forum but Prolific didn't say anything about it yet.
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #28
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by drfish
edit: w00t! 200 posts for me, how cool is that?
geek,
That would be about twice as cool as SunKing, I s'ppose

On the MAT topic:
For things like these I tend to think of a quote by Peter Steele (of Type O Negative fame): What is given can be taken away. No hope – no fear. This is nothing negative towards Prolific, just a (tiny) bit of defensive pessimism...

/Tiny Pessimist

edit:Hi Pipeta! Nice to see you again...

Last edited by Tiny Turtle; 01-09-2003 at 06:22 PM.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #29
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Hello again pipeta, WB. Long time no post.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:24 PM   #30
pipeta
Royal Gramma

Good to see everyone here remembers me
Old 01-10-2003, 12:59 AM   #31
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

pipeta........pipeta who?

Just kidding, welcome back!
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #32
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Where you been, pipeta?
Patrick
Old 01-10-2003, 03:45 PM   #33
pipeta
Royal Gramma

Well, I visit the forum once in a while but I'm too buisy to participate.
I finished highschool and I'm before the army (here in Israel everybody has to go to the army) so I had about 6 months of free time before I'm recruited.
I had a diving course in Eilat, Israel. I flew with a few friends to Greece and flew with my family to the US for a few weeks.
I also had a lot of tests for different places in the army. I had quite a few tests for being a pilot but I failed the final one . I passed the computer tests and I have been accepted to the best programming course, so I will be programming for the next 6 years. I'm really happy about it, it's exactly where I wanted to go.
I also got my license this week
Anyway I am having a great time since I have free time 24\7 and don't waste a moment (well I do, but not too much).
Anyway, I hope to get the chance to visit more often here in the forum and participate until the army starts... (next month)

Well, I guess you get the picture . Let's get back to the time version subject!
Old 01-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #34
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Glad that things are working out the way you want them to. Enjoy yourself as much as possible.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:17 PM   #35
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I knew everyone in Israel had to join the army, even the women, but I didnt know it was for 6 years! Wow, thats a long time. Good luck and be careful. Things are very dangerous over there, so I hear. Here in Korea, only the men must join the army, and its only for 2 years.

The good thing is that you will be around computers so you will hopefully be able to keep in touch with us here on the forum!
Patrick
Old 01-11-2003, 05:17 AM   #36
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I could be wrong, but I believe it's a two year mandatory period but Pipeta has then been accepted/chosen/whatever to a position (English fails me here) which requires his services for six years.

/Tiny Vocabulary
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 06:22 PM   #37
pipeta
Royal Gramma

Actually, the mandatory service for men in the Israeli army is 3 years and for women it's 2 years. Like Tiny Turtle said, since I got this specific position I get 6 additional months for learning the subject and 2.5 additional years of service for which I will get fully paid. So the total is 6 years.
I will probably not be in any danger where I will work, I hope I will find some spare time for the forum but since I will have 14 hours of studying a day (with a few breaks) it's not likely that I will have much spare time, but we will see.
patscarr, were you in the Korean army? If so what did you do?
Old 01-11-2003, 08:59 PM   #38
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Pipeta,

Take care of yourself, and I hope that once you get started you will still be able to find some time to stop in every once in awhile and let us know how you are and say hello.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:04 AM   #39
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

No, I was not in the Korean or any other army. I am not Korean, though my wife is. I am an American living, and working as an English professor, in Korea.
Patrick
Old 01-12-2003, 07:03 AM   #40
pipeta
Royal Gramma

True, I wasn't thinking. Your picture in the avatar hints you're not Korean
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive