Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #21
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Angry this would be awesome ;)

I too was thinking about using the logo idea to propose to my girlfriend in the same manner James was thinking about just asking the girl out, but didn't have the money for it at the time. So I planned a beautiful proposal where I would take her to Disney World and get on my knees in Cinderella’s Castle upstairs in the restaurant. It worked out much better than I could have ever dreamed. I would still like to give her an Anniversary Gift of the screensaver with her name on it, and a Happy Anniversary or just simply I love you forever. I do have an etching that was done in Epcot center that is of my face and hers which they put on Epcot centers walls. It could easily be scanned in grayscale and it is a small picture so it should work. I can scan that and put it on the crystal. Underneath I could put I Love You Forever or Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry Jim doesn't like the idea, but I think it will be a great thing since people like James and I could never afford spending 300 to 400 dollars for a custom made logo can now finally impress our one true love.

Let me know when there is a beta version, I can create a few logos like the ones I mentioned above send them to the team so they can see if the program is working properly or if it needs adjustments. And you can use what I create as examples on your website from actual users to better market the product once they visit the page. I'm sure James and other forum members here would also like to contribute their own creations as examples to better help sell the screensaver. All you have to do is pic and choose the best ones created by us and place it in a page similar to the cat's clawing at the screensaver picture page already there. Well good luck and God bless all of you working on this project. My best wishes. -Kona

p.s. Just another idea.. If we create multiple logos, could you include in the program a way to sequentially play four or five logos with different pictures on them that would phase in and out like the Marine Aquarium Time does. That way, I could create like a little "semi-power-point" slide show with a mixture of text, a picture, and a little love note where she has to sit and watch the screensaver for at least 5 minutes before getting to see all the logos I created. That would be awesome.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:34 AM   #22
Quick Death
Registered

Any updates?
Quick Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:16 AM   #23
sunny
Registered

Originally posted by Quick Death
will the clock/calendar phase in/out with the logo?
can someone please update us on this?
wonder if the new fishes will be included?
if yes , that would be
seems like lack of update in the ma time ss

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>°

°o°°Oo°oO°
><(((°>° °<°)))><
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:43 AM   #24
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

With a limited number of people how many things do you expect them to work on at the same time? Give them a break. It will get done.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:22 AM   #25
feldon34
Forum Administrator

To my knowledge, Marine Aquarium Logo is the replacement for Marine Aquarium Time.

You get Jim's 26 fish, the clock, calendar, date/time, and any number of logos which all fade in and out.

I would imagine that Prolific is busy putting some of the features that made it into MA2 into Marine Aquarium Logo. To my knowledge, it will not have a Widescreen mode.

I've tested a few versions of MAL and it keeps getting better. There are 2 methods of adding logos, a basic method which produces decent results. You just load a black and white BMP of any size and it works. And then there's control freak mode which I will write up in a separate thread soon.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:31 AM   #26
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

replacement? does that mean that owners of Time will get Logo as a replacement..for free?
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:35 PM   #27
sunny
Registered

Originally posted by Jav400
With a limited number of people how many things do you expect them to work on at the same time? Give them a break. It will get done.
yes , i know that and i'm not acting like i'm too pushy , am i?
i also know that people need to take a break for what they have done...i'm not demanding on when you'll gonna finish-up the mal or time/calendar ss? or when can we have it..
a least we want to hear some news on it...eg:new features , new fish , combination of mal and time/calendar and blah..blah..blah..

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>°

°o°°Oo°oO°
><(((°>° °<°)))><
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #28
Jim Sachs
Developer

One of Prolific's programmers, Will Ware, is off taking care of a new baby, so all the Aquarium user interface, compatibilty issues, and bug fixes have fallen to Edgar. Nearly everything that he fixes in MA2 MD will also apply to MA LOGO. The goal is to make these the only two MA products, consolidating the normal and widescreen versions into MA2 MD, and anything with the crystal in it into MA LOGO.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #29
drfish
the Doc

Any the reason for not having all three as one?
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:47 PM   #30
Jim Sachs
Developer

To keep the Logo version out of the hands of the masses.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-10-2004, 04:21 AM   #31
drfish
the Doc

Ahhh... Yeah, I guess that's a pretty good one.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:48 AM   #32
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

well i don't get it...LOL.... if it is gonna replace MA Time, why wouldn't ya want the masses to get it?

you could combine them and have the crystal as an option selection in the menu to have it or not and to put on it what you want....

from a stand point of wanting businesses to buy en mass with specialized logos for them, I kinda see that point...

I'm just confused I guess....LOL
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM   #33
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Businesses get a discount on Marine Aquarium Crystal after the initial graphic design charges such that Marine Aquarium Logo wouldn't be attractive to any but the smallest of businesses.

Marine Aquarium 2 is the main product. Marine Aquarium Time is a secondary product. Realize that Jim wants the crystal/time version only in the hands of people who really want a clock/calendar/logo. I'm guessing he'd rather see everyone have the un-compromised coral background.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-10-2004, 08:46 AM   #34
Jim Sachs
Developer

MA Time is for the busy executive who wants a clock/calendar on his desk. MA Logo is for our corporate clients who want to put their logo on the screens of all their employees. Both require the extra background graphics with the crystal. Neither are big sellers. By requiring the purchase of a whole new program, we are narrowing the ability to add your own logo to those who would use it the way it is intended (for the most part).
Jim Sachs
Old 03-10-2004, 10:43 AM   #35
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

ok..so those of us who own time...which I use at work... and would like Logo.. for personal use... uh... will have to buy logo seperately? or what... just curious... i would like to have logo..

for my own silly reasons..LOL but not to spread mayhem..LOL
Old 03-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #36
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I can't wait to read about the "Control Freak" mode.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:16 AM   #37
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It just means that you can create and drop in logos of the same quality as those that are being used in Marine Aquarium Crystal. 256 x 256 greyscale logos with real transparency settings. I've already done over a dozen logos. Right now MAL cycles between 15 logos on my system.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:26 AM   #38
Jim Sachs
Developer

Bugsy -

Prolific is still making the decision whether Logo will be a free upgrade for those who already have Crystal or Time.

With the separate purchase, we just want to eliminate most of the guys who would say, "Gee, I'd sure like to put in an obscene message into the crystal, spead it all over the Internet, and ruin Sachs' reputaion, but I don't really want to spend an extra $20 to do it."
Jim Sachs
Old 03-10-2004, 11:44 AM   #39
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

That is completely understandable.... I am a technician at heart and I like to play with things... just would be neat for me to see what i could do with it... also I collect screen savers... mostly of the fish type... my wife thinks I'm nuts
Old 03-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #40
MadBob
Guitar Man

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
we just want to eliminate most of the guys who would say, "Gee, I'd sure like to put in an obscene message into the crystal, spead it all over the Internet, and ruin Sachs' reputaion, but I don't really want to spend an extra $20 to do it."
Of course this kind of malicious person is going to stop because they don't want to spend another $20 or are they more likely to crack it and still do it lets not be too naive shall we
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive