Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Dreamster
Banned

Upgrade to 3.0 from 2.XXX CD

I purchased the upgrade to 3.0 yesterday from a CD I purchased some time back. Purchase went smooth and the program installed and the new key worked. The problem is that it only works if I have the CD in the drive and its kind of annoying having to keep the CD in the drive just to view the screensaver.
Dreamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hmmm, there must be something wrong. It should only need the CD once. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Dreamster
Banned

Definitely strange. The aquarium works fine and its definitely nice not having the info on the screen when the saver starts. It checks for the CD every time I start it as I can hear the drive spin up. If I take the CD out, the screen comes up asking for the key. If I put the CD back in and start it up, the saver starts up as it should. Hope it will be fixed. In the meantime, I made an image of the Cd and have it mounted with a disc mounting program and that's keeping me from having to have the CD in a physical drive but would rather not have to take up hard drive space for the CD image.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Was the user that installed the screensaver have admin rights?

Edit: I am checking the code now to see if there is a bug.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

I just checked again. There is a bug in upgrading. As soon as Prolific (Mark) gets a chance of rebuilding the installer, he will update the download.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Beagle1
Registered

When I try to download Beta 8k with Installer I get "temporary network error preventing the download of your file". Is 8k still available?
Beagle1
Beagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

If you are talking about the temporary file that I had put on my site until Prolific got the real one up, yes that's gone. Just download from SereneScreen at:
https://prolific.s3.amazonaws.com/Ma...eAquarium3.exe
Jim Sachs
Old 02-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
magicman
Registered

I purchased the upgrade since I have a ver. 2.0 CD. I downloaded the 3.0 installer beta and followed instructions. Using 'testfish' everthing seems to work fine. I put in my upgrade keycode and it asks for the 2.x CD. After I place the CD in the drive I hit the ok button and a few seconds later a dialog box pops up and it says MA 3 Beta 8 has stopped responding and I am forced to close. Needless to say, it doesn't update.
I tried this on my other PC and same results. Both run Vista 64 Ult. Now what?
magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

The upgrade is from MA2.6 only.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
magicman
Registered

Well, it didn't say that in the upgrade section. It says if you own a CD ver 1, ver 2, etc. select here for upgrade. Thats what I did. It didn't say anything about it having to be ver 2.6.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
magicman
Registered

Jim,

In the order upgrade section , where it says purchased CD; when selected it says "I purchased the following CD Marine Aquaruim 1.1, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, or 2.6". After selection it allows you to purchase the upgrade.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll see what Prolific has to say about it. Meanwhile, check your private messages.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #13
stvnw
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Hmmm, there must be something wrong. It should only need the CD once. Is anyone else experiencing this?  
Hi Jim,
Im new to this forum and this is my first post, but I am having the same problem. I purchased the 2.5 version cd several years ago and in Nov. 2008 I upgraded to the 2.6 online and then a couple of weeks ago I purchased the MA3 and got my keycode. Everything works fine as long as the old cd is inserted, but when removed and I try to go into the settings panel it asks for keycode and to insert cd.
Thanks and I truly love everytjhing else except for this problem!
stvnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

Edgar (who did the Key Code stuff) has found a bug in the upgrade code. He fixed it, but his new section of code is waiting to be merged with my latest clock/calendar experiments. As soon as I have that section stable enough to send to the Forum, we'll do a merge and post Beta 9a.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
stvnw
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Edgar (who did the Key Code stuff) has found a bug in the upgrade code. He fixed it, but his new section of code is waiting to be merged with my latest clock/calendar experiments. As soon as I have that section stable enough to send to the Forum, we'll do a merge and post Beta 9a.  
Thanks so much for the quick reply Jim!! I can hardly wait.
stvnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
Dreamster
Banned

Running Beta9a has solved having to keep my Original Marine Aquarium CD in the drive. Definitely time to pass the code along to the installer... Its a bummer having to press the 's' key again Especially when I have been teased when the saver starts without the saver info. Great Work.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #17
Challenger
Registered

Hi there I also have the same problem is there a fix in the works
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows