Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #141
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Update:
The keycodes have been generated. To get your keycode, you can please visit our site: http://www.serenescreen.com/support/regform.php to have the server send it to you.

Our next focus is to refund people who have purchased the $9.95 update. If you purchased the $9.95 update and were eligable to receive the upgrade you will get a full refund. If you were not eligible, you will receive a $4 discount. Once the discounts have been done, you should receive and email and I will post here when the entire batch is done.

If you believe that you due a free keycode. Rules are set here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...6&postcount=53

Please contact technical support and they will search our database and issue a code to you. Please be patient. Tech support is working hard to keep up with demand and it takes time to go through everything.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #142
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Well done JR. Thanks for the update.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #143
RA
Registered

nm

Last edited by RA; 03-01-2006 at 08:09 AM.
RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #144
Overlord
Registered

So, how goes it with the 8th fish selection bug?
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #145
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Originally posted by Schnaaps:
Update:
The keycodes have been generated. To get your keycode, you can please visit our site: http://www.serenescreen.com/support/regform.php to have the server send it to you.  
The program script didn't find me for the free keycode. I'm off to tech support to see what they can do. Thanks for the update.
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #146
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by Schnaaps:
Update:

Our next focus is to refund people who have purchased the $9.95 update. If you purchased the $9.95 update and were eligable to receive the upgrade you will get a full refund. If you were not eligible, you will receive a $4 discount. Once the discounts have been done, you should receive and email and I will post here when the entire batch is done.

If you believe that you due a free keycode. Rules are set here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...6&postcount=53

Please contact technical support and they will search our database and issue a code to you. Please be patient. Tech support is working hard to keep up with demand and it takes time to go through everything.  
So the thirty dollar rule only applies to serenescreen products and not lifeglobe products?
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #147
iMark
Registered

it appears so, enigma...at least from the email I received...the only way to get the new fish is to purchase the upgrade, unless you had previously purchased MA and MAT...so for those who don't want MAT, and didn't purchase it before, you are now required to upgrade to the revised product to get the two new fish....

"Yes, the upgrade price has dropped to $5.95, however Sharks and Goldfish
are LifeGlobe products, not SereneScreen products. These are two
separate lines.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Auden Reiter
Customer Support
SereneScreen.com"
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #148
iMark
Registered

From my understanding, the only thing that has changed with MA is the combining of MA and MAT and the addition of two fish...MAT is worthless to me and paying almost 1/3 of the original MA price for two fish seems rather heavy handed....
Old 02-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #149
jleslie
Engineer

As I suspected I didn't get a keycode. As I have MA2 and MAT it will be interesting to see what happens when the 3D background comes around...
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #150
klyntun

IMHO, $5.95 for two beautiful salt water aquarium fish that never need to be fed and never die is an amazing bargain. But that's just me...
Old 02-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #151
Enigma
Registered

16 Highscores

I agree with Klyntun. I have thousands of $$ tied up in three salt tanks. I love them, but they do require a good bit of time and way too much money. Jim's fish are the best purchase I ever made.

Great work on the new fish! They look great.
?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #152
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Originally posted by klyntun:
IMHO, $5.95 for two beautiful salt water aquarium fish that never need to be fed and never die is an amazing bargain. But that's just me...  
Couldn't agree more.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #153
Jim Sachs
Developer

jleslie - If you purchased both MA and MAT, then you qualify for a free upgrade. If you don't recieve a free Key Code in a week, email Customer Support and Auden will straighten things out.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #154
iMark
Registered

As I stated before, it's not about $6, it's that Prolific combined the two versions, then tried to get those who didn't want MAT to pay half of it's regular value(later reduced) to upgrade, in order to get the two new fish....that's bad business, especially aimed at loyal customers...as I've stated before, the fish are dynamite, and if the money were going straight in Jim's pocket, all the better.....
Old 02-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #155
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Jleslie: As JimS pointed out it appears you should have gotten a free keycode. Customer Support will help you out. Our script could have missed some customers due to "logic hole" caused by all the combinations available etc... and tech support will get that straightened out for you.

When in doubt, contact customer support and be patient as stated many times... :-)

Overlord:
So, how goes it with the 8th fish selection bug?
I did a quiet update and the fix is available online now. I forgot to post this earlier. Thanks for reminding me.

Update:
All customers who purchased to upgrade for $9.95 and got the FREE update should have email telling them they received the FREE update and a full refund which should be reflected in next credit card statement.

All customers who purchased the update to $9.95 should have an email telling them the price was reduced to $5.95 and should be reflected in their next Credit Card statement.

At this time, I believe all the refunds are done, and email has been sent to these customers.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #156
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by klyntun:
28 fish / 2 * $5.95...

The Aquarium should be $84?

As others said, I might feel different if Jim were getting some of that money.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:45 PM   #157
klyntun

Yeah, whatever.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:24 AM   #158
jsimon
Registered

Licence key for Marine Aquarium 2.6

I dowloaded and demo-ed version 2.6 this weekend, liked it and bought a key for 19.95 - which didn't work. Turns out that the key I got is for version 2.0 - that version wasn't even on the list of available products (not for 19.95 anyway)!!

Has anyone else had that problem? I don't get a response from SerenceScreen. I just got the info "you bought version 2.0". Great. They tell you to download v2.6 and try first (that is what you automatically get when you click on the download link), but then the key they send you is for a different product. I hope this is an honest mistake and I will yet get a response. I'll keep you posted.

Addition from march 1st 2006: I just got a response from Prolific and they did send me a new key for version 2.6. So, it seems like it was indeed just a mistake. They have restored my faith in mankind and I am now a happy user of Aquarium 2.6 :-)

Last edited by jsimon; 03-01-2006 at 03:02 PM.
jsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:15 AM   #159
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

You have hit a time right when a new product has been ofered and things are a bit hectic at Prolific. You will definately get a response, give it a short amount of time for them to reply.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #160
honybee
Registered

Hello everyone!

I'm new to SereneScreen and the forum. Just purchased and installed v2.6. I noticed that the screen capture in this thread has a picture of 8 fish? My screen only has 7 (+ the starfish). Is there a special way to get more fish on the screen?

Thanks for your help...
honybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive