Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
JEstr
Customer Service

Wierd Lionfish problem

Just wanted to check with the fans here, we're trying to collect a little data on a weird problem we encountered a couple of days ago.

Specifically it involves the Lionfish swimming off screen, then not returning. I was curious if anyone in the community had experienced or heard of this problem.
Customer Support
Prolific Publishing
JEstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
henemly
asdf

Yes, but he returned after a while.

ps- If from alpha, can't help ya.
http://www.coltrain.byethost8.com
henemly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Is this a joke, jester?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
cjmaddy
Registered

I don't think it is, - I don't think they possess a sense of humour. - Perhaps the Lionfish is just lion down somewhere...
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

They had a complaint that the Lionfish in v2.6 went away and never returned. I suspect that it just happened to be very slow to turn around after going off the edge of the screen.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
debavocet
Welcome to the Quack House!

A while ago I complained about fish briefly swimming out of view in MA 2.6. I know they are supposed to, and some prefer that effect to make the tank seem larger, but if I had my way, the fish would never completely go out view. Maybe in that case the lionfish problem would never have developed.
I haven't noticed it with my lionfish, but I'll keep a closer watch on them now and report anything unusual. Meanwhile, owners should take Jim's advice and see how long it takes for the lionfish to reappear - if it does.
debavocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
JEstr
Customer Service

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
I don't think it is, - I don't think they possess a sense of humour. - Perhaps the Lionfish is just lion down somewhere...  
LOL, painful, but funny.

Like I said, it's a strange problem that I've not heard of before. I'm sure that individual will be upgrading to 3.0 which I doubt will have that problem.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Customer Support
Prolific Publishing
JEstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Originally posted by debavocet:
A while ago I complained about fish briefly swimming out of view in MA 2.6. I know they are supposed to, and some prefer that effect to make the tank seem larger, but if I had my way, the fish would never completely go out view. Maybe in that case the lionfish problem would never have developed.
I haven't noticed it with my lionfish, but I'll keep a closer watch on them now and report anything unusual. Meanwhile, owners should take Jim's advice and see how long it takes for the lionfish to reappear - if it does.  
Since the place the screensavers are viewed the most are on small computer screens, it makes sense to have them swim offscreen. However when the screensaver is displayed on a 50 inch screen, it would make sense if they stayed on the screen at all times. Perhaps giving people the option for both would be something simple in the code that could be included down the road.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

They need to be able to go off-screen to avoid collisions.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive