Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
Splashy
Registered

Screensaver doesn't launch automatically

Hi,
I'm a newly registered user of Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows.
I'm using Vista Ultimate 32 bit with an ATI HD4850, latest drivers installed.
I have 2 monitors connected to my video card (an LCD monitor and an LCD TV) with Ultramon.
The screensaver works fine when launched manually, however it doesn't launch automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Marine Aquarium 2 is selected in the screensaver settings in Vista as well as the 10 minute wait.
I also enabled the option to disable monitor sleep mode.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA,
Splashy.
Splashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I know it doesn't answer your question, but have you tried Marine Aquarium 3 Beta?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Splashy
Registered

I'll try and report back here later.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Just saying we are rapidly migrating towards Marine Aquarium 3 and especially as you have a brand new graphics card and Marine Aquarium 3 is a from-the-ground-up rewrite, it might be worth just trying 3.

Even though it's a "Beta", so far most folks are reporting that it is very stable.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Splashy
Registered

I tried 3 beta and it's working smoothly.
I'm running it on my 26" LCD TV in a window and it's really beautiful.
Thanks for the idea!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Hopefully we get a new Beta today so folks can keep playing with it.

I know Marine Aquarium 2.6 will continue to be supported probably for a long time, as many people do not have the necessary hardware to run MA3, so we really appreciate the report you filed.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:31 AM   #7
Splashy
Registered

Actually I think I know what the problem was now.
This applies to both MA2.6 and MA3.
I've noticed that after running the screensaver in window mode on my LCD TV and then disabling the window mode in order for the screensaver to launch automatically on both monitors, the screensaver option in ultramon became disabled for some reason so I had to re-enable it. After doing that, the screensaver launched automatically again.
It would be cool if there was an option for monitor profiles or something of the sort, for changing all the settings with one click

Edit: I just noticed it gets disabled in ultramon after I choose preview from the screensaver menu in Vista. But that's the only way I could launch it in a window.
Maybe there's another way to launch it in a window other than using the preview option in Vista?
When I launch it through Ultramon and then press F, the screen goes blank and I only hear the music and the bubbles.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive