Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-01-2001, 06:34 AM   #21
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Re: GeForce2 MX

Thanks Jav, I've been checking out Pricewatch over the past week or so in fact. I've been using them for a long time now, they're definately a good resource.

As for overclocking, yeah I know all too well about how to push my components to their max, thankfully I've never fried anything in the process. I guess it comes from all the years of trial and error, experiment after experiment until I would find the sweet spot of perfomance. God knows Fry's should hate my guts by now, what with all the purchases and returns I've put them through just to find the best possible hardware for what I've needed (heh heh).

I am a hardcore gamer and have been since I was a kid and until about 2 years ago I was always on the bleeding edge of tech so that my gaming hardware was never at a loss for power. Then I got married and reality set in, no more life centered around games or building my own top of the line gaming PC, sniff. Ok, well not at home anyway, work has always helped to fill that "gaming" gap whenever I need a fix.

Anyway, normally I don't bother people with questions like the one I posted here about the MX, but since I'm married now and don't have as much time to get the information myself, I trust in those around me and respect their experience and input. Everyone has something positive to offer and that's why I asked those of you here since we have such a good solid following of knowledgable users on the forum.

Thanks again everyone!

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 02:37 PM   #22

Voodoo 5500

Well I run it at 1600x1200 at 75fps and thats good enought for me ) But would give anything to have my Geforce back. The fan broke and they couldn't get me a replacement so had to get the 5500. Not to bad a card but not as fast as the geforce ddr I had.
Old 04-08-2001, 08:25 PM   #23
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Re: Voodoo 5500

That's a real shame Mystic, GeForce is a nice line of cards in fact. Hopefully you can pick one up again later.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 11:10 AM   #24
hpman77
Blue Angel

Geforce 2 MX

Can somebody please tell me about how much faster is a geforce2 mx than a voodoo3 3000 ?

Just to know if it's worth the pai to buy one
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 10:01 PM   #25
Shinsa
Registered

Re: Geforce 2 MX

I'm not sure, but I upgraded from a Voodoo 3 3500 to a Voodoo5 5500 and it is about 4x faster, maybe more.

And I only paid $119 for it from www.compgeeks.com
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."