Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #21
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Your previous snapshot shows that Corel will save in Adobe Photoshop (*.PSD) format.

If you save a flattened PNG logo, then I won't be able to extract the transparency. I will have to basically do MORE work than you did.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 AM   #22
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by feldon32:
Your previous snapshot shows that Corel will save in Adobe Photoshop (*.PSD) format.

If you save a flattened PNG logo, then I won't be able to extract the transparency. I will have to basically do MORE work than you did.  

I can save it in a PNG format Jim... I was asking how to get them to you once completed. I suggested zipping them all and was told by feldon (sp?) that I could use the attachment option. You DO want a PNG format correct? If so let me know and I can do it in THAT format too (PNG).
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:51 AM   #23
Jim Sachs
Developer

Not sure who that last message was directed to.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:24 AM   #24
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Not sure who that last message was directed to.  
Hi Jim, I was talking to anyone who can help me out here... LOL. I have a photo program (Corel) that I can use to convert all those logos... I'm just confirming that you (and feldon) want them in the PNG format... also, I noticed that they need to be enlarged 70%. I'm wondering how blurry they'll look after resizing them....

But making them all in the PNG format is easy... also resizing them should be easy once I get the hang of it. I was more-or-less asking how to upload them here. I can zip them all and use the paperclip option.

So would you like me to convert all those logos that were posted? Just say the word and I'll get started on it tonight.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 AM   #25
Mith
Registered

Dangit... now I forgot how I was able to save in a PNG format... guess I have to play with it for a while... also, where do I get the crystal file to adjust the size of the logo to fit it??
Old 11-24-2008, 04:48 AM   #26
Mith
Registered

How much will you pay me to convert all 46 logos?

Actually they're the right format and transparency is all set, the size is just too small. The logos have to be scaled up about 70% to take up a good portion of the crystal. At the very least the PNG must be PNG-24 and exactly 256 x 256.

Also, there are no guarantees that the same PNG format and sizing will be supported by Marine Aquarium 3.  

Below is a picture I put on the stone... it's 22" X 16" and 72 dpi... seems to automatically fit the rock no matter what size I made it...

Obviously my rock designs are not what I'd use.. I just used them to learn how to place them...

Old 11-24-2008, 06:00 AM   #27
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Regret?

Jim, did you ever regret letting people have their own "Pictures" in the tank?

Shark.jpg
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #28
cjmaddy
Registered

The worst thing he ever did. - And something I thought he said he would never do?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #29
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Yep, that's it.

Remember, anyone wanting their .png's hosted here for everyone to have let me know. I would only ask that you label them appropriately. If you are doing sports logo's, then don't lump football, soccer, baseball, etc. etc. all together. Make a zip and label it sports_baseball or something to that effect.

Morgan and I reserve the right to edit any submissions before making them available to the public.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aragorn.JPG (346.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Arwin.JPG (339.4 KB, 23 views)
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #30
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Mith,

I think we have had some kind of miscommunication.

I got the impression that you were unable to produce a transparent PNG files. So you asked me "how do I get this file to you"? So that's why I asked you to post a Photoshop PSD file with the transparency worked out exactly how you want it. Then it is 1 easy step for me to make a transparent PNG in Photoshop and post it here on this thread. If you were to post a "flat" PNG file, then it would take a LOT of work to try to make it transparent again.

In other words, gimme the best you can get, and I'll do the last little step necessary.

If I am misunderstand and you ARE able to create transparent PNG files, then just post the PNG file to this thread using the Attachment feature as you have already been doing. You are welcome to also post a snapshot of how the logo looks on the crystal as a Preview.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #31
feldon34
Forum Administrator

We had THREE threads covering the development of the Logo and Crystal in Marine Aquarium 3 with overlapping discussions.

I've merged all of these discussions into ONE thread here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4561
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #32
Mith
Registered

Mith,

I think we have had some kind of miscommunication.

I got the impression that you were unable to produce a transparent PNG files. So you asked me "how do I get this file to you"? So that's why I asked you to post a Photoshop PSD file with the transparency worked out exactly how you want it. Then it is 1 easy step for me to make a transparent PNG in Photoshop and post it here on this thread. If you were to post a "flat" PNG file, then it would take a LOT of work to try to make it transparent again.

In other words, gimme the best you can get, and I'll do the last little step necessary.

If I am misunderstand and you ARE able to create transparent PNG files, then just post the PNG file to this thread using the Attachment feature as you have already been doing. You are welcome to also post a snapshot of how the logo looks on the crystal as a Preview.  

All I'm doing is taking a normal JPG file.... changing the extention from JPG to PNG. I rename the picture file to SSLogo256d.png and then put it into the MA3 folder. That's all I do. and it works. I haven't figured out how to make it transparent yet.

I installed photo shop 5.5 last night and found that apparently it won't work with Vista... so I'm using Corel Photopaint 8 to do what I described above. I didn't have enough time last night to try and duplicate what was described in that link on how to edit the PNG file.... I just ran out of time so my crystal photos are not transparent. All I've done was figure out how to get the picture onto the crystal.

Also, it appears that Jav400's pictures are not transparent in his thumbnails. I can desaturate my pictures as well, it's just the transparency part I haven't figured out yet...
Old 11-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #33
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It's actually quite hard to make a transparent logo starting from a JPEG, because the first thing you have to do is try to select and knock out the background. It's almost easier to create a blank document with a transparent background and start pasting or writing things on top of it.

On lower quality JPEGs, the background may appear white or black, but because of a compression effect called "mosquito noise", that background is probably hundreds of different off-white colors. When you start trying to select these colors, you end up destroying parts of the actual image.

Alternately, you can manually go around with the lasso select tool and laboriously select all of the white, black, or other background color, and then delete it. I've spent hours doing this on elaborate, high resolution JPEGs before.

I'm glad you're having fun putting logos. It's easy to get wrapped in in the labor of getting it "perfect" but I realize most people will not do that.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #34
Jim Sachs
Developer

Except for actual bug fixes, I need to stop working on the program now, and move on to the new website design. Further improvements on the Logo function will require a proper interface, which is a major job.

The final interface will include these features:
A Playlist of logos.
Sliding and zooming each logo to center it visually.
A settable timer to determine how long to display each logo.
The whole clock/calendar interface.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #35
MadBob
Guitar Man

Jim

I find it strange that you have to work on the wbsite design, surely a task that would be better delegated leaving you to work on MA3?
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #36
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll look around for someone to delegate it to...
Nope - alone as always.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-27-2008, 03:15 AM   #37
Mith
Registered

Nope - alone as always.  

LOL... maybe this will be appropriate Jim...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCZGqcMZ6Jw
Old 11-27-2008, 04:06 AM   #38
Jim Sachs
Developer

Well that cheered me right up!
Jim Sachs
Old 11-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #39
MadBob
Guitar Man

Nope - alone as always.  
You just don't want to share that peanut butter and jam do you?
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #40
Mith
Registered

Well that cheered me right up!  

(Mith gives Jim a noogie).... Aw C'mere you.... what say you we go get a happy meal at McDonalds.... hehe
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive