Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #41
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hopefully, MA3 will start selling soon, and then I can afford McDonald's again!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #42
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Hopefully, MA3 will start selling soon, and then I can afford McDonald's again!  

I suspect there's more in store for you than McDonalds Jim...

I had a couple highschool buddies who started a business (woodworking). They spent a LONG time working hard with very little pay off. They stuck to it though and eventually got several stores and became hugely successful!

You're onto something here Jim that there's DEFINITELY a market for. Your customer care is unsurpassed to say the least. Combine that with your skills and you'll SOON be enjoying your labors fruits!!!!

I'm just happy to be here to see it develope... I check the forum almost every night!

Thanks again Jim!!!
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #43
Jim Sachs
Developer

Don't get me wrong - I'm extremely grateful for the unbelievable success of MA for an unprecedented 6+ years. But the past couple of years have seen a sharp downturn, starting with losing Sam's Club. My cut of the hardcopy sales is so miniscule that I never really took it seriously, but it turns out that all those copies on store shelves were acting as a form of advertising (the ONLY form, since we've never done any actual advertising). A lot of people would buy it at Sam's Club / Best Buy / Circuit City, but more importantly for me, a lot of people would also see it and look it up on the Web.

Prolific and I have been talking about doing some real advertising this time around. If anyone out there has experience with such things as Google banner ads, etc., let me know what kind of cost/return can be expected.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #44
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Don't get me wrong - I'm extremely grateful for the unbelievable success of MA for an unprecedented 6+ years. But the past couple of years have seen a sharp downturn, starting with losing Sam's Club. My cut of the hardcopy sales is so miniscule that I never really took it seriously, but it turns out that all those copies on store shelves were acting as a form of advertising (the ONLY form, since we've never done any actual advertising). A lot of people would buy it at Sam's Club / Best Buy / Circuit City, but more importantly for me, a lot of people would also see it and look it up on the Web.

Prolific and I have been talking about doing some real advertising this time around. If anyone out there has experience with such things as Google banner ads, etc., let me know what kind of cost/return can be expected.  

I suppose the bottom line Jim, is marketing. If you get this thing out there for people to see, it WILL sell. Everyone has computers and are always looking for cool things to make the computer experience more enjoyable.

Either way, it's a wonderful product that if marketed properly, could be extremely successful. Advertising though I'm sure is costly... that part of the equasion I know nowthing about.

I'm sure you'll figure something out... and I, amongst many, are rooting you on!
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive