Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-20-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Cool Subscribing to forums

I am confused..
If I go to my settings there is a listing of all the forums I subscribe to. I can "un subscribe" but once gone can not find a list to "re subscribe". I this by design or am I missing something?
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 10:47 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I have never understood subscribing to an entire forum. What does they do? Send you 500 e-mails a day telling you you should go visit the forum?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Hmmmmm.. I guess I totally miss understand the concept of subscribing. For 2 years I have been under the assumption that "only" those forums that I subscribe to would show me "new messages". There are obviously a lot of messages passed that I am not privy to.... because I assumed I have not subscribed. For example I was part of some beta testing on one of the previous versions, I assumed I only saw those messages because I was subscribed.
So I gather from your response that I would be greeted with the same..
You last visited: 03-20-2004 09:01 PM.
17 new posts in 7 topics since your last visit!

even if I subscribed to no forums. As to your comment regarding getting emails..... I get none.. ever.. (other than specific announcements)
Old 03-21-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
klyntun

Under "Edit Options," have you checked "...email notification by default"? With this checked you should get an email every time someone replies to a thread in which you have posted.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:23 PM   #5
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

That is set to no. So it looks like in one place I ask to be notified then in another state I do not want to be notified...
Thanks, will have to make some changes to my settings / subscriptions.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You last visited: 03-20-2004 09:01 PM.
17 new posts in 7 topics since your last visit!
This has zero to do with any kind of subscriptions. It is an accurate accounting of the number of messages posted since your last visit, whether you care to read them or not. Nothing more, nothing less.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive