Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #1821
JohnWho
Registered

Originally posted by xitrum:
Thanks for contributing to the discussion. Once more users acquire 3DTV and use nVidia 3DTV Play, more people will appreciate what I'm talking about.

To answer your question, yes, I can get MA3 in 3D in 720p if I leave the "Limit frame rate" setting at 60. If I drop the "Limit frame rate" setting to, say, 50, I'd lose the 3D effect.

HDMI 1.4a standard specifies frame-packing of 1080p/24 for movie content and 720p/60 for video game content. But really, it doesn't care/know whether the content is movie or video game. A video game, while not recommended for fps type games, can use 1080p/24.  
So far, since you are the only one with this setup, only you can try certain settings/changes and report back to us, and it sounds like you have.

The part I've bolded in your response should tell all the supposed Techs here all they need to know - when you output in 720p, changing MA3's Limit Frame Rate setting affects whether it shows on your HDTV as either 2D or 3D. Therefore, it would seem reasonable to expect that when outputting in 1080p, setting the frame rate to 24 fps would give you 3D just as it did in the 720p output setting based on the HDMI standard.

A further question for you - are we only talking about when you run the program in "full screen" mode? What happens when you run MA3 in a Window while outputing at either 720p or 1080p?
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #1822
jleslie
Engineer

xitrum - are you saying you've actually done that and lost 3D by changing the MA3 frame rate?
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #1823
JohnWho
Registered

jleslie -

That is the way I'm reading him.

That is also why I "bolded" that part of his previous post.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #1824
RixsterSFL
Registered

I have been using this for years - and the one thing I liked with 2.0 is the Crystal that has a clock and calendar. Not the fading from one to the other but a single image that has the time at the top and the calendar below. Is there any option for this in the new version?

Thanks!

Rick
RixsterSFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #1825
Jim Sachs
Developer

No, that's not in the new version. I wish you had spoken up while I had the hood open.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #1826
RixsterSFL
Registered

Sorry - I hadn't upgraded in awhile but started a new job so I moved the software from my old computer to the new one.... If you have an update later please keep this in mind!

Thanks!
RixsterSFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #1827
Tarkus
Shark Bytes

Yeah, I liked that clock/calendar too.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #1828
MisterB247

Hi all newbie here just want to say hello.
Have just downloaded the latest version of Aquarium and am well pleased now have fish going from one screen to the other. Best one so far have had all previous versions
MisterB247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #1829
broderp
Registered

Lightbulb Round rotating tank

Hello, First time posting on the forum.

I just purchaced a key for 3.1, but have used 2.6 (bought CD at local store), so when I saw there was an upgrade, it was a no brainer.

First off I love the new tank and features!

But on topic:

As a feature I'd like to see a 'round' tank. Where you can see fish disapear into the background yet still be visible up to certain point in the darker murky water.

I say round, cause it would be nice to be able to have the pan feature and have this 'rotate' the tank (lots more real estate for plants, starfish etc.) and see a wide 3d scene of fish as it 'turn's.

Also on my wish list:
*More than one star fish
*Ability to move bubbles/ add second bubble stream
*Octopus! (I know its been mentioned and in the works.)
*Other smaller crawlers for tank, snails, sea horse etc.
*Have fish to scale and have the ability to swim 'to the glass' and get bigger as well as away and get smaller. (I believe the program currently does this to some degree.)
*Different fish sizes of same species
*Schooling (in the works I know), eating, pecking etc.
*Fish stay in tank and not swim off the edge.

Please forgive me for not reading EVERY post in this thread, it was just so long. I hope I have added something that has not been mentioned.

I know its a lot. This program is awesome. I'm going to install this on my Sony 60" HD TV (on my 1080p capable PC hooked up to it).
broderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #1830
Nerally
Registered

Hi all !

(Please bear with my english, I'm a norwegian) I just registered in this forum after a few days of reading and trying the demoversion. My impression so far is just WOW ! In all my years as a computer user I never mind the option to have a screensaver, coz the few I saw I didn't like much.... But this was different ! I come across it when i looked at the net for animated fish for another project and was just blown away for the realistics of this aquarium screensaver.

I want to order but have a few question first;

1. Is there any overwiev anywere here over the different kind of fish and other creature to add ?

2. I liked the logo option, and would like to know if there is any posibilities to add another crystal inside the tank, and so run a different logo on that one ? If not, is this option planned for future updates? This option would imo be awsome, for kind of a lively exebition show of our favourite pics of family and friends...

3. Is there any option to erase or adjust the fading sequence of the logos when they shift? If not, this should be an option for the future.....

4. Any posibillities for "skinning" of the fish? It would be a "must have" whit this option, to "create" our own "look" for the fish and corals and exchange the result by upploading and downloading new "skin" files....

5. The backgound; As I understand it, it is only possible today to change colors.... Why not implement a feauture to insert kind of a wallpaper as the background ? Could even be a animated wallpaper... That would just be to awesome?

6. Natural looking 3d animation gif files or bik video files of fish is used in other user applications. Will buyers of Serene aquarium in the future get acces to files like that, created using the fish only on a transparent background. That would be awesome also, coz I'm involved in a game where users can create scenery and objects and insert animated bink video files to create life in the game....

Kindly Regards
Nerally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #1831
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Nerally:
(Please bear with my english, I'm a norwegian) I just registered in this forum after a few days of reading and trying the demoversion. My impression so far is just WOW ! In all my years as a computer user I never mind the option to have a screensaver, coz the few I saw I didn't like much.... But this was different ! I come across it when i looked at the net for animated fish for another project and was just blown away for the realism of this aquarium screensaver.  
Welcome to the forums!

I want to order but have a few question first;

1. Is there any overview anywhere here over the different kind of fish and other creature to add ?  
The guide to the fish is here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/...ask=view&id=13

You can read about the coral varieties here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4499

2. I liked the logo option, and would like to know if there is any possibilities to add another crystal inside the tank, and so run a different logo on that one ? If not, is this option planned for future updates? This option would imo be awsome, for kind of a lively exebition show of our favourite pics of family and friends...  
There's just the one crystal and I don't know of any plans to add a second. You can add as many images, logos, etc. as you want to rotate on the crystal.

3. Is there any option to erase or adjust the fading sequence of the logos when they shift? If not, this should be an option for the future.....  
You should be able to change the order of the logos to set the sequence.

4. Any posibillities for "skinning" of the fish? It would be a "must have" whit this option, to "create" our own "look" for the fish and corals and exchange the result by uploading and downloading new "skin" files....  
I'd like to see this feature, as I have many ideas for fish that could be added. But the fear is people will make extremely ugly or silly fish.

5. The backgound; As I understand it, it is only possible today to change colors.... Why not implement a feature to insert kind of a wallpaper as the background ? Could even be a animated wallpaper... That would just be to awesome?  
Another feature I'd like to see, but I don't think there are any plans.

6. Natural looking 3d animation gif files or bik video files of fish is used in other user applications. Will buyers of Serene aquarium in the future get acces to files like that, created using the fish only on a transparent background. That would be awesome also, coz I'm involved in a game where users can create scenery and objects and insert animated bink video files to create life in the game....  
In 10 years this is the first time I've seen this suggestion. Hmm. You can set the background color to an easy-to-matte color and then record the animation with FRAPS and use it in something else. The animation of the fish is cyclical enough that you could get a good "loop".
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #1832
Nerally
Registered

Ok, tnx for clear answers..... Does not share all ur point of wiev, but thats ok..... The use of fraps to record the fish was a good advice.. I'll give that a try.... wish it was a tool were u could follow the fish with the mousepointer, and record just that part of the screen.. would save a lot of size in the recorded video.....

In our racing game comunity there is a huge group of people creating new 3d bodys for the racing cars, and of cource there is many strange looking cars, but they are rarely used, its just for the fun and look of it....And as a more unartistic user my self, i'm just satisfied with the ability to paint the skin and add some stickers for decoration....its one of the most popular feature in this game....... so be afraid of ending up with plenty "ugly" fish, is not any problem imho......

I'll post a video later of underwater driving, to show how it looks like before and after adding some life to the water bye inserting animated fish as bik files.... its pretty boring there in the pools, when u happens to end up there, to race, or just accidentaly..... u can drive around under water, but there is nothing to see there exept other cars.... thats why i also want to be able to make carskinns that look like fish ! So its look like fisk swimming around down there. Adding this, it will be more like an underwater adventure....driving around among the "fish", like a diver or something....

Ok, just some toughts about that....

Just a few other questions;

1. The serene logo showing up some seconds before the screensaver is activated, is it possible to remove it?

2. Is it possible to controll what happend in the aquarium and apear as logos from another remote computer, over the net? Without disturbing anything in the wiev?

Tnx in advance....
Nerally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #1833
Jim Sachs
Developer

To answer your two questions:

1. No, displaying that logo is the only advertising I have.

2. The "Website" button is the only Internet capability that the program has. This simply shuts down the program and passes control to the user's browser with the address of SereneScreen.com. No information is sent or downloaded. To do so would open up all kinds of problems with viruses, etc.
Jim Sachs
Old 07-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #1834
Wizwad
Only me...

Plus, the display of the Serene logo masks the time it's taking for the program to be loaded up on the computer. Even if there were no logo, the program would still require those few moments to start, so it's better to give people a pretty logo to look at while that happens.

(Don't forget that this is actual an aquarium simulation program which just happens to have the side benefit of also working as a screen saver; it's not just a screensaver purely and simply.)

And hey, if Microsoft and Adobe and Jasc and all those people can get away with those splash screens with no adverse reactions...
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #1835
cjmaddy
Registered

Just wondering..... but did we ever get an answer as to why there is no sig in the MA3 gravel?

.... After all, most genuine classic works of art are signed! ....
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #1836
Jim Sachs
Developer

I just never got around to it.
Jim Sachs
Old 07-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #1837
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Well please........... put the hammer down and go to the pc and do it. hahahahahahaha
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #1838
Tarkus
Shark Bytes

Nice to see some activity once again in this thread.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #1839
Jean-Pierre Marro
Registered

Hello Jim,
Would not it be possible to intend to put a crab which would walk of everywhere in the aquarium as the fishes?
Jean-Pierre Marro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #1840
Jean-Pierre Marro
Registered

Re...Bonjour Jim,
I agree with "Cjmaddy" it is necessary to take time to make him(it) it would please a lot of people, there was always your signature in the others Aquarium.
Thank you in advance to make him(it).
Jean-Pierre Marro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows