Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Goldfish 2.0 Released... Finally

Hello All,

I just wanted to take a few seconds to let you all know that we have released version 2.0 of Goldfish Aquarium. You can download the latest version from http://www.lifeglobe.com. Sorry for the delay in our release. This was due to a new program we have setup here at Prolific to torture out fans... ;-)

Hope you all download and enjoy.

-Jim
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
skypx
Dual Xeon

Cool!
Asus Rampage II Extreme|Intel Core i7 965|Corsair Dominator 6G|Western Digital VelociRaptor|Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB|Seagate Barracuda ES.2|EVGA 9800 GX2|LG GGW H20N|Sony BWU 300S|Pioneer DVR-215L|Logitech G9|Dell 3008WFP|Cooler Master Stacker 832|Thermaltake W0133RU
skypx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Smile

Nice release! Of course I upgraded immediately.

Thanks for all the new cool tanks and features!!
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
Falz
Registered

Nice. I just wonder why the bowls are a lot slower than the tanks?
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #5
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

Reflection.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Jeremy Bruce
Registered

Absolutely beautiful. Excellent job.
Jeremy Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
iMark
Registered

excellent job, mates....
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
jaximflash
Registered

what's new?

can someone who has the new 2.0 release tell us what's new?

I know there are a couple more fish and a new fish bowl scene, but other than that, the details on the website are a bit spotty. Can you change the toy in the fish bowl? Can you change the rock or log in the fish tank?

Any details on the new features would be much appreciated!
:-)
Jaxim
jaximflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the forums, Jaxim!

The new fish, improvements in all the scenes, and introduction of the fishbowl are the major improvements. To my knowledge, you can't change out the toys or appearance of the tanks other than choosing from them.

You are always welcome to download Goldfish Aquarium 2.0 Demo and try it out. It will run for a minute or so at a time before fading to black.

If you already own Goldfish Aquarium 1, you can upgrade to Goldfish Aquarium 2 for $5.95.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #10
iMark
Registered

I don't believe you can upgrade for free..I had to pay $5.95 to upgrade to 2, and get the new keycode.

"3. Visit our products page to purchase to Goldfish Aquarium 2 Upgrade, or click on the icon for your operating system below"
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Oops.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 02-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #12
Jeremy Bruce
Registered

I upgraded at once. The speed of the framerate is faster. I compared old and new. The fish move much more smoothly, much like the MA 2. The features of the fish are much finer. The face and mouths of the GA 1 fish were very rough and obviously polygonal. The new features of the fish in GA 2 are smoother and more natural. The fact that the fish are "better" and the framerates are faster makes this a much more pleasurable screensaver to have on in the background while reading, etc.
Jeremy Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:25 PM   #13
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Is anyone else having problems with their creditcard being declined?
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
EVERRET
Leopard Shark

10 Highscores

Goldfish 2.0

I updated right away ! The new log is much, much better than the older stone for the centerpiece. This update is a huge improvement, a must upgrade to all of the people with the existing goldfish. Thanks for the update, better late than never.
EVERRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:13 PM   #15
Pham Huu Hanh
Registered

Unhappy

A problem with me is not 6$,but I have to upgrade by letter cash,so I must wait three week for new keycode.
PHH
Pham Huu Hanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
EVERRET
Leopard Shark

10 Highscores

Goldfish 2

After playing around a couple of days I have noticed that the goldfish seem to gravitate to the front of the tank (screen) and not interact naturally with the enviroment inside their space. After a while I have noticed they all swim towards the front screen, unaturally? Even in skypx post above the golfish are all facing the front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FishTankScreensaver.jpg (97.5 KB, 169 views)
EVERRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #17
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

Hey, everyone... Thanks for all the positive comments! I'm glad you like the new version. I was able to fix a few things that had always bothered me about 1.0, and implement a few things I had been scheming up, like the goldfish bowl. When everything new was done, I went back through all the fish and touched up their mouths' shape and animation... I'm glad you noticed, Jeremy!

Everret, I hadn't noticed that the goldfish tend to gravitate towards the front of the tank... But I'll look into it. Maybe whatever you're doing in your computer room is particularly fascinating to fish...?
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
----------------------------------
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:01 AM   #18
dwax
Registered

I noticed the same thing,they all look like thier trying to get out of the tank.instead of swimming around they spend most of the time right there looking at you.
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #19
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Actually, that is not unrealistic for real goldfish, but I guess the effect is too much?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #20
jaximflash
Registered

New Features

well, I downloaded the free trial to see what was new. It seems like (other than what was already mentioned in this thread), that a few new fish were added, a new fishbowl screen was added, and a few tank objects (rock, wood) were added.

I was actually hoping that a few fishtank toys would have been available (e.g. the very two classic fish toys: the treasure chest and the castle --- and maybe even a little diver toy) I was also hoping that these objects could be added to the fishtank scene (the one where the water takes up the entire screen) and not just to the fishbowl scene. I was also hoping you would be able to change the background and/or gradient of the fishtank scene with a custom background and/or gradient. As well as being able to change the color of the pebbles (i.e. in the blue fashion of the Media Center version.) But hopefully some, if not all, of these changes will be in the 2.5 or 3.0 version.

Overall, it's still the greatest fish screensavers out there. I'm going to be purchasing 2.0 right now.

p.s. does anyone know if they make a 2 monitor version so that the entire fishtank takes up the space of both monitors? That way when 1 fish leaves one monitor, it appears in the other monitor. A 2 widescreen monitor setup is pretty common where I work, and it would be great if I had a 2 monitor screensaver. :-)
jaximflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows