Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #21
dwax
Registered

Looks alright I suppose,it just looks like they are hungry LOL
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #22
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Treasure Chest is reserved for SereneScreen Freshwater Aquarium (should it see the light of day). I've seen the Treasure Chest fully animated and working when I was in California visiting Jim a couple years back. It's astoundingly realistic.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #23
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Oh keep rubbing it in, will ya?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #24
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim should just release The Animated Treasure Chest screen saver.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 02-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #25
jimkraz
Registered

My grandaughter though Papa had got her a new goldfish when she saw the Goldfish Bowl on Papa's screen, she thought it was real, that's good enough for me. Jim
Something Fishy Going On
jimkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #26
enigma63941
Registered

My registration information is not in the database. I guess I'll have to wait A WHILE before I upgrade while I wait for a response from customer service.
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #27
Wizwad
Only me...

Meanwhile, I'd just like to second Morgan's request for an Animated Treasure Chest screensaver!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #28
enigma63941
Registered

That better be a REALLY good treasure chest.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #29
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It's truly mesmerizing. The bubbles are 100% realistic and completely different every time (random). Different sizes, shapes, 'rolling speed', etc.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #30
enigma63941
Registered

"SHOW ME THE TREASURE CHEST."
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #31
feldon34
Forum Administrator

When Jim Sachs reads all this he's gonna PM me "Why did you have to rile them up?"
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #32
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Originally posted by feldon29:
Actually, that is not unrealistic for real goldfish, but I guess the effect is too much?  

That I can vouch for, if I walk around my goldfish tank, real ones, they follow me and will stay in one corner where I am smacking the surface in an effort to get me to feed them. Works too.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #33
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

We want.......

CHEST!....CHEST!....CHEST!....CHEST!....CHEST!.... CHEST!....CHEST!....CHEST!....CHEST!....CHEST!....
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #34
Eddy'sEddy
Ms. Pat

I like the new Art School Top View Tank with Cali as the fish. It's something I have not seen before.
Eddy'sEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:55 AM   #35
Wizwad
Only me...

Morgan's gonna be in trou-ble; Morgan's gonna be in trou-ble...
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:48 AM   #36
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by feldon29:
When Jim Sachs reads all this he's gonna PM me "Why did you have to rile them up?"  
Well, why did ya? I'm riled up, down and every which way - and I knew and remembered what you've said about it before...

/Tiny Wallbouncing
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #37
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

The main reason I didn't put a diver, a skeleton, or somesuch thing in the Goldfish Aquarium is that those toys tend to look plastic, artificial & cheap... and when I had tried to make rocks that looked deliberately plastic, artificial & cheap, nobody liked them -- not even me (I never stopped trying to make them look "better"). Remembering the old computer rule "GIGO," I've spent the last couple years shopping for the very best-looking aquarium decorations I can find (avoiding treasure chests, of course, because that's Jim's territory). I've been to every pet store in the area... as well as every pet store on Tung Choi street of Hong Kong (where over 70 aquarium stores line a 2-block stretch!) and the pickings are disappointingly slim once you weed out the plastic-looking stuff. And the treasure chests.

That was the main reason, but here's the other: Every time I see an actual goldfish aquarium that stops me dead in my tracks, makes my jaw drop, and makes me say "Wow, now THERE'S a beautiful aquarium!", there's never a cheap toy in it. It's always lushly planted, with natural-looking rocks and gravel. The goldfish are treated with dignity, as objects of beauty and grace. That's the mood I want to convey with this program.

Goldfish bowls, though, are a slightly different story... I feel that they can withstand a slightly higher threshhold of "cheesiness," which is why the waterwheel shows up in a bowl. But you'll notice that it's not a cheap-looking waterwheel; in fact, it's the best one I could find on two continents. If I ever find a "diver snatching pearl" toy I like, I may change my mind... Or if I ever do a kids' version of Goldfish Aquarium, maybe I'll put one in there.

Or if any of you happen upon a toy that looks particularly good, let me know... jot down the manufacturer's name, or take a picture of it, or both!
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
----------------------------------
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #38
Simple Steve
Registered

I really like the pond setting. I wonder though, would it be possible to add water effects like you might see for real, to make it look even more life like? Water effects would make that scene completely realistic. Is that possible, or would that be too much for most machines?
Simple Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #39
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

I fully agree with you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #40
enigma63941
Registered

Still no response from customer service..I'm dying to upgrade.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows