Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #41
RickDeckard
Be Smart!

Hi everyone,I'm a French newbie on this site and I've purchased Goldfish Aquarium 2.0,Prolific has done a amazing job! The new tanks are great,especially the bowl and I love watching these lifelike goldfishes with their smooth swimming and so realisitc facial animations, bubbles are incredible too!
But in this world of perfection I've noticed a small inconvenience on Halley and so I've wrotten a bug report thread but as a new registered it is submit to approval before...so I will explain shortly.I've noticed a bug in facial animation of "Halley",it seems his eyes duplicate as the gill cover moves during breathing movements...Has someone seen something like that?
Thanks for responses!
RickDeckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #42
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Enigma...

Please send me your email address and problem privately and I will hunt down customer support for you. Typically when we do any upgrades to the sit or via CD, customer email spikes and it could take a day for them to get back to you.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:28 AM   #43
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It's been 3 1/2.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #44
basser1
Registered

Has anyone had any problems placing an order with lifeglobe web-site? I am a registered owner of GA version 1. I went to their site and have tried to purchase the upgrade twice. Each time I didn't get a confirmation of my order, instead after I complete the order process and click the "submit" button, it send me to another page for version 1 owners to submit their keycodes, when I do this it sends me back to the order page again. Does anyone know if their site is having problems accepting orders?
basser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #45
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Originally posted by feldon29:
It's been 3 1/2.  
Well he did say it could take a while.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #46
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by ESHIREY:
Well he did say it could take a while.  
Actually he said it could take a day...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #47
enigma63941
Registered

Originally posted by Schnaaps:
Enigma...

Please send me your email address and problem privately and I will hunt down customer support for you. Typically when we do any upgrades to the sit or via CD, customer email spikes and it could take a day for them to get back to you.  
I still havn't gotten any response from Lifeglobe, but thanks anyways. My registration finally worked. I guess it takes a while for the database to be updated.

So what are some goals for version 3.0? I thought we were getting a swordfish this time around. New fishes, snails, 3d background maybe?
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #48
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

I have some ideas for 3.0, but it's too early to talk about them. I don't think there'll be any swordfish in it, though...
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #49
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
Actually he said it could take a day...  
I know. That's why the smiley. You just like to pick on me.: lol:
Old 02-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #50
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I'm glad that people like Goldfish, but I just don't see how development can go much further without getting serious about reflection mapping. It's time for the Goldfish aquarium to have some, you know, GOLD fish!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 02-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #51
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

I agree with you buddy. By the way, Way to go on the 7000. You the man.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #52
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Something tells me that every few months, Eric tries to add a fish with this, turn it on, and the lighting and everything goes haywire and the amount of effort to resolve it is daunting.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #53
edaniels

The problem seems to be the limitations inherent in the version of DirectX we're using. If you watch Halley, you'll see that she's orange, until a light hits her, and at that spot she'll turn yellow. That's an oversimplification of what an irridescent surface (like a goldfish's scales) does under varying lighting conditions... but it's the best we can do at the moment. I agree, though, shimmery, irridescent gold should be the very next improvement we attempt... as soon as we graduate to the latest DirectX!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #54
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

I’ve been enjoying this new version for a while now. The credit card problem I was having was fixed last Wednesday, so I finally got my copy then. Thank you very much Prolific!

I’m enjoying this version very much, and if it was the final version I’d still be very happy with it. Saying that; as I watch this, I start to notice little things that I wish were improved.

First, the sound. With the tanks, this feels pretty normal. However when it goes to the bowls, clear tank, or pond, it doesn’t fit at all.

Second, the Prolific.com. If I saw this in a store, that’d be great to know where to find it. If this was just a demo, I can understand a little logo appearing. But when it’s my personal owned copy, even though it’s slightly hidden, it still looks unnatural. Even if it was a bit more incorporated, that would be fine with me, like how SereneScreen looks. You could have it written into the pebbles or on the bowl glass like as if it was just the bowl manufactures logo.

Just a thought. But above all, I love the new upgrade. Thank you!
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #55
edaniels

Lostboy, you make a good point... here's what happened: Jim Sachs put his signature on his Marine Aquarium artwork, and so I considered putting mine on my Goldfish artwork, but since my name isn't exactly the "draw" that Jim's is, and at the time I was working under a pseudonym... I decided not to. I thought "prolific.com" might be a good idea, since it tells someone where to go if they see it running somewhere and want to buy it... but I really didn't want it to look like an ad. So I tried to hide it somewhere where it wouldn't detract from the composition, but you could find it if you looked for it. Maybe I should have hidden it a little more...

As for the sound, you're so right. We'll address that soon, I hope.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #56
Eddy'sEddy
Ms. Pat

I thought I would let you know I like the 2 new fish bowles (Zen and Desktop toy) and also the Art School topview. I think it is really nice with Cali. It took me a little while when I first got the new 2.0 to find out that there were 11 different Tanks, and I needed to use the slide bar to get to all of the tanks. Thanks for the new 2.0
Eddy'sEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:57 PM   #57
edaniels

Thanks, Eddy... I'm glad you like the new fishbowls & Art School.

I was wondering if I should ask people to send in screencaptures of their favorite "fish paintings". Oops, I just did!

(By "fish paintings" I mean from the Art School tank.)
Old 02-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #58
EVERRET
Leopard Shark

10 Highscores

Originally posted by edaniels:
Thanks, Eddy... I'm glad you like the new fishbowls & Art School.

I was wondering if I should ask people to send in screencaptures of their favorite "fish paintings". Oops, I just did!

(By "fish paintings" I mean from the Art School tank.)  
  • O.K. I'll bite....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARTscreensaver.jpg (79.4 KB, 83 views)
EVERRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:55 PM   #59
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Does anyone else think the bubbles ascend just a tad too fast to be realistic.. or is it just me..
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:22 AM   #60
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

One Suggestion

I would like to request that at some point, there either be an option to remove the yellow flower from the fish bowl scenes, or at least have one without it. THANKS!!
I use to skinny dip, now I chunky dunk!
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows