Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-15-2003, 07:17 AM   #61
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

That one's a killer! (No pun(ch) intended)

/TT
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:05 AM   #62
feldon34
Forum Administrator

DigitalLungfish said:
ps. The clock's gone mad again Morgan, +15 mins at the moment!
To make the clock be accurate, I had to go thru every one of the 72 files that make up vBulletin and change any reference to the time(); function to time()-900;. We call that a kludge.

To upgrade to 2.3.0, I scrapped all those changes so I could tell what files had significant changes and which ones didn't.

I am working on a way to fix the time in all the files without having to do major surgery.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 05:59 PM   #63
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Morgan,
How about this one when you want to flame(boil) some one ( I have a feeling I'll be getting this one a lot, Oh well! )

/Tiny Flamethrower
Attached Images
File Type: gif flamethrowingsmiley.gif (11.1 KB, 138 views)
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 06:13 PM   #64
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Or how about this one, when we want to show our love/appreciation for our finned-friends & all the joy/fulfillment they bring to us.

/Tiny Finned One
Attached Images
File Type: gif fish.gif (815 Bytes, 136 views)
Old 02-15-2003, 06:36 PM   #65
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
fishbowl
just feel a little awkward of ur post-end, u use /Tiny XXXX like Tiny Turtle did, although Tiny has no copyright on it, but as he's the senior member in this forum and has use this special post-end for a long long time, it' rather awkward that someone copy his very personal style. Only a few attempts is ok but every time with the post, it's not like showing respect to Tiny.

I'm don't mean any oftend to u, dont' get me wrong, just give u an advice. Although Tiny didn't say a thing about it(he's a very generous person!!) but it's always unpleasing to see someone copy his style. But if Tiny did give u the permit to do so, I'll shut up! :P

Like last time someone steal someone's(Morgan) avatar as his own avatar!! We even joked that "How dare u use Admin's avatar on his forum!!"...

Well, why not create ur very own style when u posting ur stuff rather copy someone else's style?
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:08 PM   #66
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

My apologies to Tiny, did not mean any disrespect to him (not in the least bit). Just find his end tag very humorous/enjoying. I know they are his TM, so to speak & I guess I just got a tiny bit carried away!

James, I will take your suggestion into consideration & will refrain from using the "/Tiny Comment" in future posts.

/Tiny Restraining Order

(OK, I promise this is the last time, ...sorry about that....)
Old 02-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #67
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I think the negativity is coming from the Russian screen shots. I think if people want the Russian versions, they know where to get them. Let's focus on Jim's work here.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 02-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #68
James

Just find his end tag very humorous/enjoying.
100 % agree to u man, even myslef like to add those humour!! unfortunately it's Tiny's TM. :P

Anyway, I think we should be more creative, come on fishbowl, let's come up with something better than Tiny's!! LOL

/Creative Engineer
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 02-15-2003, 08:30 PM   #69
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I agree with Feldon. We all know those Russian hack jobs are out there. Lets not give them any more credit, cause they dont deserve any.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #70
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Exactly!!!
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:43 AM   #71
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The wrestling match with the clock continues.

I cannot believe web66 is not running time services. If they don't get their act together (new MySQL, etc. so I can run vBulletin 3) by March 31st, we're moving to a new webhost. The transition would take 36 hours and nothing would be lost.

In other news, forum banner is getting a facelift here in about 20 minutes.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:30 AM   #72
James

I like the new forum banner
just one thing, those small icons in the banner appears like button and easily mislead ppl to click in but return to the fan site's front page
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 02-18-2003, 01:32 AM   #73
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This is temporary. They will really work in about 30 minutes.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:48 AM   #74
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

those small icons in the banner appears like button and easily mislead ppl to click in but return to the fan site's front page
Hence the disclaimer Morgan posted beneath the new banner which states "(Some links above are not yet active)".
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 02:33 AM   #75
feldon34
Forum Administrator

He probably saw it right before I added the disclaimer.

And I lied, took me 50 minutes to get the links working.

Some of those links go to ancient topics. We're going to do some spring-cleaning this week and then YES, Steve we will be doing some work on the fan site especially the Wishlist.

Sleeeeeeeeeeep....
Old 02-18-2003, 03:25 AM   #76
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Great new forum banner! Good work.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 03:49 AM   #77
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Forum Banner is looking good!(... me likes!)

BTW, Morgan if your still looking to add a few more smilies to the forum, take a look here: http://www.f-o-o-l.de/index.php?site=Smilies

PS, keep up the good work & keep them updates coming.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:17 AM   #78
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

This one has been in process for some time. Morgan and I have went back and forth and back and forth about the buttons and trying to deceide which ones should be there. We finally finished brainstorming last night late, and I crashed with the priviso that I would be up early to see if he really got the new banner up finally.

Not all of the center picture buttons are permanant. The one with Jim is the anchor and will always be there, only the dates will change to reflect upcomming chat schedules. The rest of those are changable if a replacement comes along. Some of them definately have a limited life span, and we know they will go away at some point. "Wide" is one for example, when the 3D background comes out there will no longer be a wide version, so that one has a definate kill date. The others could be replaced when something gains prominence and needs space. I hope everyone likes the look and the choices, it was a struggle to get them there.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:40 AM   #79
The_Thrill
Nittany Lion

Angry new banner

That banner really adds a lot to the forum. Excellent job
Thrill
The_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:45 AM   #80
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Hey Morgan,

The new banner is really cool. Ever thought of giving the forum graphics a nautical theme? You know, drift wood, port holes (which you could use in place of the boxes in the new banner). Here's sort of what I'm talking about, only not so large obviously http://www.mauiarts.com/Shark.htm

As for the smilies, I really like the new additions and welcome more, but we should be careful not to add/make available violent emoticons to the forum beyond the 2 that we have now. After all, this forum is for the "Serene" Screen Aquarium and the theme should always reflect that. Otherwise, some users might see those icons and assume that flaming or anything associated with that is acceptable here. Just a suggestion...
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...

Last edited by Digital Lungfish; 02-18-2003 at 01:40 PM.
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive