Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-26-2001, 06:55 AM   #1
brainguy
Registered

broken graphics

I get lines shotting out from the fish when they swin to the middle of the screen. I have a geforce 256 and the lastest drivers (12.41) Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
brainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 07:06 AM   #2
Darkfalz
Banned

Re: broken graphics

I have an idea!!

A keyboard with a radiator under the keys, of course the plastic would have to have a much higher tolerance to heat.

It's because typing on lonely winter nights with very stiff fingers from the cold is not pleasant!
Darkfalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 07:44 AM   #3
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

brainguy1,
Have you installed any new items other than the new drivers lately? Is the card new? How old is your mobo? Did you reinstall DX? after you installed the new drivers? There are several questions that need to be addressed to be able to answer your question properly. Come in to the chatroom where we can go over things and we will be glad to try and help you out with your problems.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 08:10 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

GeForce 256?

I guess I'm not familiar with this product.

If it's the first series of GeForce, you might try dropping back to the 6.67 or 6.47 versions of the drivers. The streaking behavior you describe is usually only seen on low-end ATI cards.

Switching drivers (the ones at www.nvidia.com are rarely the best) and then reinstalling DirectX 8.0a on top usually clears up issues such as these. Please let us know if you need any more help. Drivers may be found at www.gamers-ammo.com
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 12:15 PM   #5
Socrates
Sage

It's odd. I had a problem just one time with lines of color radiating out of the fish in all directions. It only happened one time, and I had to shut the machine all the way off (ie if you have ATX be sure to flip the power switch on the back or unplug it). I use a GeForce2 MX with 6.47 drivers.

It seemed like something in the card was stuck "on" or maybe the card memory would not discharge some data or something. If shutting it all the way off does not work try reseating the card. I only say all this because I had the same problem and getting power completely out of the boards did the trick for me.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 05:10 PM   #6

Lines of color radiating out of the fish? Sounds great! Where can I get this feature?

OK seriously now... the Geforce256 was indeed the first series and it should work great with the aquarium. Mine is running 85 fps at 1280x1024. I use the "latest" drivers from Asus which are pretty old (v.3.75 april 7, 2000). At first I was pissed at Asus for not updating the drivers like for example Creative does, but since then I have seen that drivers supposedly compatible with all NVidia chipsets only benefit the newest and often screw up older chipsets.
So for a stable performance I would recommend using the latest drivers from the card manufacturer specifically made for the Geforce256 and leave the NVidia detonators alone.
Old 06-26-2001, 05:22 PM   #7
brainguy
Registered

Thanks, I'll give it a try
brainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 07:02 PM   #8
MegaHertz
Registered

Also check out the GeForce Faq. If you can't find a solution you can email the author and he'll try to get you an answer.
<a href="http://www.geforcefaq.com"> <h2>GeForce FAQ</h2></a>
Hello...Welcome to the Police 9-1-1 Hotline..." If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you are codependant, ask someone to press 2. If you are a multiple personality, press 3, 4, 5, and 6. If you are paranoid, we know who you are and we are tracing this call. If you are schizophrenic, a little voice will tell you what to do. If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which # you push it will be wrong anyway.
MegaHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 02:08 AM   #9
FishyBusiness
Registered

1 Highscore

Regeditor,

You are correct. nVidia will make sure that their flagship card runs the best with the newest drivers.
Frank
FishyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive